Happy Thanksgiving!

Winter

I've been here before
I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving this week with friends and family, good eats and safe Travelings wherever you must roam!

I'll be in my dorm room writing papers!

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
Happy Thanksgiving. I echo Winter's thoughts on a safe trip for everyone. Don't overeat and make yourselves miserable.:p:p:D:D

On second thought isn't that why we have Thanksgiving???

G

Gary

You had at least venture out for some Turkey and the fixings to go with it. Nobody should have to be stuck in their dorm room writing papers on the holiday.

G

Gary

I guess Wild Turkey sort of counts. It does have a Turkey on the label. It might not be the best thing for writing papers though...LOL

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Does a bottle of Wild Turkey count? LOL
Only to ten, Mudhead. I could prolly wrangle you an invite to my place, if'n yer interested. You wouldn't be the only Jew there, either (we have our very own token Hebrew that we bring out for the holidays! ;) ).

G

Gary

Only to ten, Mudhead. I could prolly wrangle you an invite to my place, if'n yer interested. You wouldn't be the only Jew there, either (we have our very own token Hebrew that we bring out for the holidays! ;) ).
Now that's mighty neighborly of you. Token Hebrew you bring out for the holidays? Better be nice, you might get smacked up side the head with a Dradle! :p

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
We also don't have a kosher kitchen, but this is Wisconsin ... everyone does dairy and meat together, right?

Winter

I've been here before
Thanks for the invite, Brother. But I'm actually rounding up my Brothers and friends here in the same situation and we're doing our own thing.

And, yes, it is sometimes very difficult to keep kosher (I do - mostly) here in Wisconsin! lol

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Happy Thanksgiving to you all, this forum's denizens are on my list of things to be thankful for.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Thanks for the invite, Brother. But I'm actually rounding up my Brothers and friends here in the same situation and we're doing our own thing.

And, yes, it is sometimes very difficult to keep kosher (I do - mostly) here in Wisconsin! lol
No probjob, Bro. Have a lovely evening!

Happy Thanksgiving to all....I do ask one thing of ya one Thanksgiving OK... when you are spending time with your Families, remember the Brothers and Sisters that are on shift at the fire departments, police officers and military ...these folks wont be at home for this festive time.....this year is good for me, I will be able to be home on Thanksgiving and Christmas....

G

Gary

What are you on about? I never had a problem with people forgetting me on the holidays!

Without fail, EVERY SINGLE shift I've worked on Thanksgiving/ Christmas somebody dialed 911 to get me to come to their house! :rolleyes:

All kidding aside, Fireman is right though. Let's not forget our folks in uniform who cannot be at home with us because they are serving/defending our country.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Happy Thanksgiving to all....I do ask one thing of ya one Thanksgiving OK... when you are spending time with your Families, remember the Brothers and Sisters that are on shift at the fire departments, police officers and military ...these folks wont be at home for this festive time.....this year is good for me, I will be able to be home on Thanksgiving and Christmas....
Also towboaters . I spent Thanksgiving and Christmas 5 years in a row on the boat . I didn't get home at all until days or weeks after each holiday was over .

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Yes...towboat workers too... there will be many working or have to be away from their families during the holidays.........
Prison Guards, EMTs, even on-call Database Administrators ;) (that's what I do)

I was asked by our Minister to say a few word of thanks from the pulpit during our most recent service. Part of what I said was I was grateful to have so many good people in my life. You know who you are :D

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
We return thanks to our mother, the earth, with sustains us. We return thanks to the rivers and streams,which supply us with water. We return thanks to all herbs, which furnish medicines for the cure of our diseases. We return thanks to the corn, and to her sisters, the beans and squash, which give us life. We return thanks to the bushes and trees, which provide us with fruit. We return thanks to the wind, which, moving the air, has banished diseases. We return thanks to the moon and the stars, which have given us their light when the sun was gone. We return thanks to our grandfather He-no, .., who has given to us his rain. We return thanks to the sun, that he has looked upon the earth with a beneficent eye. Lastly, we return thanks to the Great Spirit, in whom is embodied all goodness, and who directs all things for the good of his children.

Happy Thanksgiving. Almost time to start my Holiday Breakfast.