CoachN

Builder Builder
May your Thanksgiving Day be filled
with much celebration, gratitude and cheer,
for all that you have been blessed,
with over this last year.

TrowelTalk

Happy Thanksgiving, Brethren.

I'm about to take the turkey out of the brine and get it on the BBQ. It rained last night, but still going to try and use the outdoor grill to roast it as the sky is clearing.

So many things to be thankful for I couldn't list them all. One new one this year is the expanding family of brethren I have met while visiting Lodges across America and even right here on the Internet forum.

Now, back to that briny bird! :p

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Happy Thanksgiving, Brethren.

I'm about to take the turkey out of the brine and get it on the BBQ. It rained last night, but still going to try and use the outdoor grill to roast it as the sky is clearing.

So many things to be thankful for I couldn't list them all. One new one this year is the expanding family of brethren I have met while visiting Lodges across America and even right here on the Internet forum.

Now, back to that briny bird! :p
Do you smoke your bird or just grill? I did so last year, and I had to start it over night. But boy are they good smoked. I love doing them too.

I still have to try deep fried though. Its a southern thing. :D

TrowelTalk

Do you smoke your bird or just grill? I did so last year, and I had to start it over night. But boy are they good smoked. I love doing them too.

I still have to try deep fried though. Its a southern thing. :D
Haven't tried smoking one myself, yet. But do love them. No, I'm just going to use the big Weber gas grill to roast it; freeing up room indoors for all the other stuff.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Smoking is great. Use Alton Browns Turkey Brine Recipe. I had done extra turkey legs because the wife told her family last year I was smoking a turkey (it was our turn to host) and everyone requested turkey legs. The only thing that I've really ever been requested to make.