History Channel

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Any History Channel buffs out there ?

I have a question , What is going on with that channel ? All they have been showing lately is shows about aliens and end of the world programs .

D.J.Elliott

I love the History Channel. Their programming seems to go in cycles...Right now that seems to be the cycle they are stuck in. Hopefully it wil shift soon because it's getting kind of stale.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I love the History Channel. Their programming seems to go in cycles...Right now that seems to be the cycle they are stuck in. Hopefully it wil shift soon because it's getting kind of stale.
I know they go in cycles , but this has been going on for way to long . There has to be something better to put on the air .

As for this 2012 doomsday garbage , I do not believe it for a minute .

D.J.Elliott

Problem is right now the End of the World stuff is what a majority of people are obsessed with at the moment so it provides them with a bigger audience and so on.......

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
I like the history channel but Brad Meltzer's Decoded is going to push me over the edge.
I randomly caught his show about the Statue of Liberty, and he was bringing in...wait for it...Masonic symbolism!
Maybe a little Risperdal for the paranoid obsession?

Azpir8king

I dont believe the 2012 stuff...but it has been on the History Channel alot
I believe in 2012...its going to happen. I mean its right after 2011, so we can't just skip the year. 2010, 2011,2012,2013..see, we gotta deal with the fact that 2012 is going to happen. As a year. That end of the world in 2012 is garbage. I am just saying...:D

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
What is this History Channel of which you type?
Bro. Patrick, its like an endless stream of non-stop DVDs, at any one time there are 57 'channels' and nothing on.

(A channel: an arbitrary number assigned to represent the FM frequency over which a combined video and audio signal is transmitted either over one form or another of wired media or broadcast through the air to be received by a picture and audio receiver engineered for said same purpose)

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
That is very true. But I like pawn stars....
I too like Pawn Stars and I enjoy American Pickers . But I have no idea what Ice Road truckers and Axemen have to do with History . I tired of shows about Hitler , but at least that is "History" .

DavisB

I too like Pawn Stars and I enjoy American Pickers . But I have no idea what Ice Road truckers and Axemen have to do with History . I tired of shows about Hitler , but at least that is "History" .
I can't stand IRT or Axemen. And unfortunately, it seems like that is all History Channel is putting their money into.

G

Gary

Pawn Stars? That have anything to do with Chess?
<Snicker> Now that's funny!

I agree that the History channel has gone awry. I'd like to see it go back to topics like....Um...Well, HISTORY!

Brad Metzer seems only interested in selling books. My opinion is that he uses the Freemason conspiracy theme to bolster that cause. Most of the episodes that I've watched are utter crap.

Well , it is really no longer the "History" Channel . It is the Ice Road truckers , Axemen , Pawn Stars , UFOs' Channel .
making me laugh. I've been telling my wife the exact same thing for a year now. i used to love the history channel, but rarely watch it anymore