I hate you Hollywood!

G

Gary

Prequel? I'm not sure how that movie will be either. At least they are fleshing out the original story a bit. The trailer looks interesting.

I'm with Winter regarding the Conan re-make. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Personally I think the books were way better than the original movie, but that's probably the case with most of the book to movie stories.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
I agree. Looks like Hollywood has run completely out of ideas. Have you seen the Mission Impossible IV trailer... looks like crap to me...

"A bomb has destroyed the Kremlin... and the President has activated Ghost Protocol... now you and your team will come with me to Washington, DC where we will hang the bombing on you... unless you were to maybe assault Brant and me and get away..."

<yawn>

Maybe the should contact Tom Clancy and see if we can get movies on some of his better books, not the OpCenter novels he lent his name to, but the old Jack Ryan novels... I'm sure there's one or two that haven't been made a movie yet, or maybe even a Rainbow Six novel... Heck, maybe they can talk to some Israelis and get a nice thriller based on the Mossad...

Then again, what I'd really love to watch, would be a nice good Cold War spy thriller... unfortunately, my younger coworker claims to not know what the Cold War was. <eyeroll> "That was when Germany and Russia weren't our friends right?" <bangs head on table>

Oh, sorry. I'm a squirrel.

Holywood are a bunch of know nothing, no talent hacks.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
http://www.freemasonhall.com/community/t2998/

Remake:
Top Gun
The Godfather
Its a Wonderful Life
Ferris Bueller's Day off
Footloose

IMDb: 25 Most anticipated movies of 2012 - a list by Ryan Pinto
The Avengers
The Dark Knight Rises
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
The Amazing Spider-Man
Indiana Jones 5 (Always loved this series)
Die Hard 5
Bond 23
Bad Boys 3
The Expendables 2
The Wolverine
Clash of the Titans 2
Hitman 2
Man of Steel
G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation
Men in Black III
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Halo
World War Z
The Bourne Legacy
Battleship (based off of the board game!)
Untitled Star Trek Sequel
Mass Effect
Underworld: Awakening
I, Robot 2
Resident Evil: Retribution

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I'm interested in the PLanet of the Apes one... since it is a pre- whatever the word I'm looking for is.
This is a remake ( or a retelling as they are calling them now) of the original . They already made this movie back in 1972 . It was "Conquest of the Planet of the Apes" , Caesar (played by the late Roddy McDowell ) , the son of the late simians Cornelius and Zira , leads a slave revolt against the humans .

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
check out your local library, mine has a large collection and access to most of SE Wisconsin (and their free week long 'rentals')
I meant , that I would like to see Hollyweird put out some NEW , original horror movies . Quit remaking the classics like , TCM , Friday the 13th , A Nightmare on Elm Street , The Last House on the Left , Night of the Living Dead (remade twice , one directed by the great Tom Savini) and the Amityville Horror .

Winter

I've been here before
This is a remake ( or a retelling as they are calling them now) of the original . They already made this movie back in 1972 . It was "Conquest of the Planet of the Apes" , Caesar (played by the late Roddy McDowell ) , the son of the late simians Cornelius and Zira , leads a slave revolt against the humans .
I was going to say the same thing. I knew I remembered seeing one of the movies in that series where the poop-throwers rise up against humanity.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
If they ever try to remake "A Clockwork Orange" I will snap and ban all films !!! This movie is perfect just the way it is .

Winter

I've been here before
So many of the movies they have remade (like Conan) were perfect the way they were. It'd be one thing if they just retold the story with modern special effects and cinematography. But nooooooo. Those filmtards have to put their own "spin" on the movie and give most them some kind of Green or eco message!

Idiots. Maybe there was a reason the original was so popular!

King Kong
Psycho
Karate Kid
Arthur
Halloween
Day the Earth Stood Still
Godzilla
Planet of the Apes

Just to name a few!

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
How true . Though , with Rob Zombie's "Halloween" , I enjoyed the first half of the movie with Michael's back story it still did not need to be remade . John Carpenter's and Debra Hill's version was perfect , a classic that needed to be left alone .

As for "A clockwork Orange" , my wife finally broke down and watched it with me . She said that she never wants to hear the song "Singing In The rain" again as it is now tainted .

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
So many of the movies they have remade (like Conan) were perfect the way they were. It'd be one thing if they just retold the story with modern special effects and cinematography. But nooooooo. Those filmtards have to put their own "spin" on the movie and give most them some kind of Green or eco message!

Idiots. Maybe there was a reason the original was so popular!

King Kong
Psycho
Karate Kid
Arthur
Halloween
Day the Earth Stood Still
Godzilla
Planet of the Apes

Just to name a few!
The original "The Day the Earth Stood Still" is still my favorite movie. I even went to Planet Hollywood in Washington, DC just to see the Gort suit. The remake was a waste of time from beginning to end. Even with the changes to original script forced on the film makers, the original was, even in black and white, a far superior movie and story. A pox on all involved in the remake. Unfortunately, if you mention this movie to anyone under 50 today they think of the new version. Even Bruce Campbell in "The Army of Darkness" paid tribute to the original with the magic words, "Klatu Barata Niktoe".

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
The original "The Day the Earth Stood Still" is still my favorite movie. I even went to Planet Hollywood in Washington, DC just to see the Gort suit. The remake was a waste of time from beginning to end. Even with the changes to original script forced on the film makers, the original was, even in black and white, a far superior movie and story. A pox on all involved in the remake. Unfortunately, if you mention this movie to anyone under 50 today they think of the new version. Even Bruce Campbell in "The Army of Darkness" paid tribute to the original with the magic words, "Klatu Barata Niktoe".
I have had younguns' tell me that the 2003 retelling of Texas Chainsaw Massacre was superior to the original . I did enjoy the 2003 version , but I took it for what is was , a retelling and left my expectations of the original at home . But when they tell me this I have only one question for them ..."Are you on crack!!!" .

The original TCM was gritty , dirty , disturbing and just plain nasty . It had the feel of a documentary which made it all the more realistic . The 2003 retelling was too clean and polished , it did not have the feel of that gorilla film making style that made the first one so great .

G

Gary

R
I agree. Looks like Hollywood has run completely out of ideas. Have you seen the Mission Impossible IV trailer... looks like crap to me...

"A bomb has destroyed the Kremlin... and the President has activated Ghost Protocol... now you and your team will come with me to Washington, DC where we will hang the bombing on you... unless you were to maybe assault Brant and me and get away..."

<yawn>

Maybe the should contact Tom Clancy and see if we can get movies on some of his better books, not the OpCenter novels he lent his name to, but the old Jack Ryan novels... I'm sure there's one or two that haven't been made a movie yet, or maybe even a Rainbow Six novel... Heck, maybe they can talk to some Israelis and get a nice thriller based on the Mossad...

Then again, what I'd really love to watch, would be a nice good Cold War spy thriller... unfortunately, my younger coworker claims to not know what the Cold War was. <eyeroll> "That was when Germany and Russia weren't our friends right?" <bangs head on table>

Oh, sorry. I'm a squirrel.

Hollywood are a bunch of know nothing, no talent hacks.
There was talk about a Rainbow Six movie, but it never happened. Without Remorse, and Rainbow Six were two of my favorite Clancy books.