I'd like to be a mason?

konflikt

I'd like to become a mason but don't know where to start. I have no mason family members or friends. So what should I do?

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
You can find a lodge through the Grand Lodge of your state if you're in the US. Otherwise, just google "Grand Lodge <your country>". There are usually links to local lodges on the Grand Lodge web sites.

Boat-az

Find a Lodge

It is crucial that you know a Mason. My first recommendation would be to start looking for rings or automobile stickers or some signs from your own circle of friends that they are Masons. It is important that you be recommended by someone who knows you before becoming a Mason anywhere.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
The Mason who recommended me is the father of a friend of mine from work. We met at her wedding to another friend from work, where I did a reading.

He invited my wife and I to their fish fry, when we walked into the Lodge's basement, we knew everyone there, most of my town is in my Lodge! I filled out and returned the petition that night.

Azpir8king

I'd like to become a mason but don't know where to start. I have no mason family members or friends. So what should I do?
Contact the local lodge or the GRAND secretary of the state and ask him if there is a lodge that is oriented towards some of your interests with their activities. That's what I did. I am a Biker and the Grand Secretary pointed me to the Grand Chapter Lodge for the Widows Sons. Please post your state so we can point you to NON-Clandestine Lodges.

Also, go to a few of the Open nights (usually the secod meeting in a given month) and meet some of the Brothers. Attend an Open function (meal, play, charity event,etc). they are usually posted.

I disagree STRONGLY with the previous poster that you MUST know a Mason before you start. You can simply GET TO NOW the members of a lodge from this point forward.

Also, you might be surprised to find out you already know one or two Masons or even have a friend or two that was in Demolay/ Jobs Daughters.

Also, you might want to pick up "Freemasons for Dummies" its not derogatory and it has lots of good info. Stay in touch!!!