Important people always tend to be masons, why?

AngelicHuman

some people cannot be saved sir lol, and i understand now, I too sometimes find myself thinking about how people are by their actions, and fail to consider what their situation is.

Im feel im 100 times better than how i used to judge others. I have faith one day, i will be without pre judgement of others even if its the tiniest things

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Hebrews 12:14
Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.

It says to live in peace, it does not say that they will be at peace with you.

I have a few CT friends, they come in no particular shape, weight, or color. They all have one commonality, they have an unrational fear of something: the government, aliens, people in general.
But then I know a Christian Scientist who will not get his ACL fixed nor his hearing corrected with hearing aids and as a result he can't ski with us anymore.

If you talk to God you are religious, if you claim God talks to you, then the jury is out...

Robert Birtch

DeMolay/Freemason
If you talk to God you are religious, if you claim God talks to you, then the jury is out...
I can identify with that. Is anyone nowadays ever so important that someone like God would talk to them?

Duncan1574

I can identify with that. Is anyone nowadays ever so important that someone like God would talk to them?
There are modern day prophets, it is hard to pick them out of the crowd. The ones that are most likely to be true prophets are the ones that are ignored as prophets tend to be telling people things they don't want to hear.

As far as importance goes, there is that verse about a sparrow...
Deity is not out of reach, only hard to get to.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
You guys can not put a stereotype on Conspiracy Theorists. Imagining them to be obese and sit out the computer all day is a form of what they are saying about freemasonry. While I do not agree with conspiracy theorists, I dont picture them as bad people. Ive not come in contact with many conspiracy theorists, but the ones I have met were rather thin, and more hard working people. I do see how they are confused. They just need better direction. What I feel the freemasons should be doing is focusing more on helping them understand what freemasonry is about, and bringing up the fact that their are some apples that tend to go bad every once in a while. Just like any organization, there is always 1 person that affects reputation. Its almost a law of nature
The one thing that all CTs have in common, beside irrational fears, is a closed mind. The many times I've attempted to explain verifiable facts to CTs, they always fall back on unsubstantiated hear-say that they proport to be "evidence" supporting their fears. They constantly point to web sites like freemasonwatch and point out that Albert Pike wrote one line out of 860 pages in M&D defining the word "lucifer". It doesn't matter what the truth is, they do not want to be confused by facts.

Unfortunately, it takes a level of diligence and maturity to be willing to look for the truth that most CTs don't have. It's a whole lot more fun to wag their fingers and spout nonsense than to form a rational opinion based on facts and diligent research. That and the herd mentality dominating their thoughts so they don't feel alone.

What we, as a fraternity, have found is much more enduring. Wherever we go, we find friends and brothers we haven't met but will treat us like family. We know you can't do square work if you cut corners. We find the easy lies to be distasteful and will not insult ourselves with them. We know our obligations and will not engage the CTs once they have shown they are only out to ridicule the Craft. We point with justifiable pride to the good works Masons have done throughout history and into the present day. Good works large and small are our stock in trade.

In summary, we meet on the level and part on the square.

AngelicHuman

ya, these newcomer CTs, look at a video, and on Auto they just assume is true. They should be putting their energy towards more realistic problems such as helping out another being, whether that be an animal or human

Duncan1574

SQUIRREL!

What I see is that men of good character eventually find Freemasonry and its principles attractive, these men are also,typically, the movers and shakers in their due bounds.
That is not to say that ALL men in positions of influence are Masons and in reality not as many as I would like, but that is another possible discussion.

Zack

Not to throw a wet blanket on this thread, but I would say the vast majority of men "in positions of influence" today are not members of the Fraternity.

In the past the percentage of Masons in such positions was no doubt greater than today but I think the numbers have dropped considerably in the last 25-30 years or so.

AngelicHuman

Well freemasons did bring up the first public schools...So the reputation of being trustworthy people landed most in upper positions. Keep in mind that sometimes its not of who is the most qualified, rather who can be trusted not to abuse their powers. A game site I moderate on follows that same rule. We see people that work hard to be Game Moderators, but most of the time we hire people we feel we can trust the most. People want want want, but fail to see the bigger picture as to why they are not getting that promotion.

Zack

Well freemasons did bring up the first public schools...So the reputation of being trustworthy people landed most in upper positions. Keep in mind that sometimes its not of who is the most qualified, rather who can be trusted not to abuse their powers..
You are speaking in the past tense. The same point I was trying to make in my post.

Bropreston

I to think the idea of freemasons all being in positions of power is simply untrue, in the 1980`s it was thought that most policemen and judges in england were on the level. A witch hunt and investigation ensued, the result? the percentage of masons in these groups were found to be nowhere near what was thought. We have had a great deal of mud thrown our way over the years, unfortunatly some has stuck......

Laxguy38922

I to think the idea of freemasons all being in positions of power is simply untrue, in the 1980`s it was thought that most policemen and judges in england were on the level. A witch hunt and investigation ensued, the result? the percentage of masons in these groups were found to be nowhere near what was thought. We have had a great deal of mud thrown our way over the years, unfortunatly some has stuck......
Well supposedly the investigation was a poll, a)yes b)no c)no comment
Most of the police and judges picked no comment

Bropreston

if it was as clean cut as that masonic membership would not now have to be declared (how many members of other organisations have to do this?!) and joining the fraternity seen as a NEGATIVE thing for your career. However perhaps we are drifting from the orginal vein of this thread. I was trying to use my post as an example of how people see masonic influence where there isnt one. S&F

AngelicHuman

Well, I must say... Me not being a freemason, nor belonging to any organization should have a more qualifying argument according to CT's that is.

Say for instance masons were the majority in positions of power.

Why are many of Italians running most of northern NJ? This includes Judges, Police and so forth, and many of these they hold are in big power. Why not call them the ones trying to take over the world. Could it be that NJ is known for having alot of italians?

Just like being a police man in a neighborhood that is 95% hispanic. Just because he pulls over mostly hispanic, does that mean he is profiling? No, but somehow he still gets in trouble is he does pull over too many hispanic.

I live next to a Town that is all polish, and most police are also polish. Does it mean they are trying to spread out and form an empire? nah, maybe they just want to be around their own kind. Ever think about that? They want to feel at home. Just like Palisades Park that is all korean resturants, police and so on. I can go on and on. They just want to stick with their own kind, so if they can do it, why cant masons to it?

If you belonged to fantasy football league, and no one else in your office is, then wouldnt you feel a little lonely in that conversation about Fantasy? Wouldnt you say...Hey, I wish more people would join fantasy so i can enjoy myself talking about it with them on break instead of my co-workers dull yammering on how he is going to install his new shed, but his wife is giving him shit about the price.

No, No, No. If I become a mason, i would love to be around other masons, and discuss topics like degree work, or how we can make things better for our children, or whateva you have it.

Oh... The humanity