interesting differences

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Differences between UGLE and ...the colonies

And then there's the 60 stone (800 lb) gorilla in the living room:

We conduct regular meetings and business of the Lodge only on the Master Masons degree. Is there any American GL that does it so that the EAs and FCs can participate, even if they do not vote?

When we are going to perform degree work we can open on the 1st or 2nd degree, but only for the degree work, no business.

S&F

We conduct regular meetings and business of the Lodge only on the Master Masons degree. Is there any American GL that does it so that the EAs and FCs can participate, even if they do not vote?

When we are going to perform degree work we can open on the 1st or 2nd degree, but only for the degree work, no business.

S&F
Yes. If we have an entered apprentice or fellowcraft who wants to attend lodge, we will conduct business at that degree. This doesn't happen very often, as we tend to move them through the degrees fairly quickly. After we initiate an EA, we generally pass them the next month and raise them the following. As we meet twice a month, there is a stated communication between degrees. If the new member(s) come, we'll welcome them and open at the appropriate degree.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model

S&F
My Lodge has a Stated Communication for Degree work and a Regular Communication for our business meetings. The Degree work, obviously, opens on the degree we are conferring while the business meeting always opens on the first degree so everybody will be welcome.

We like it that way because we don't end up with late nights and we get to see each other at least twice a month.

CanadianBrother

We preform our buisness any of the three degrees. If we have EA's or FC's in attendance we will work in the lesser degree. If not we try to do all our buisness in the MM.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
to change the direction of this thread a little, how often do your lodges meet etc?
My lodge meets twice a month, every month. (We don't 'go dark' in the summer as many lodges in my old jurisdiction do.) We rarely have a Emergent Communication (meeting on an off night for special purpose), because members always complain. Makes the night of a Master Masons Degree a really late night!
Of the eight lodges in my district, six meet twice each month, two meet once a month.

S&F

DavisB

to change the direction of this thread a little, how often do your lodges meet etc?
3rd Monday of the month for stated meetings. Degree work on the 1st Thursday for EA, 2nd Thursday for FC, and 4th Thursday for MM. I'm about 90% sure we don't go dark over the summer, but I haven't been around long enough to see yet :D.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Once a month , the second Tuesday . Degree work the third Tuesday unless the candidate needs another date .

G

Gary

First and third Tuesday of the month for stated communications. Thursdays for practice, and the occasional called communication on Saturdays for degree work.