Interview

jaya

Remember that the IC is for you to learn about freemasonry and ask questions as much as it is for them to learn about you.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
I like this guy he knows what he's talking about!
Yeah... Bro. Jay is a smart guy. He's one of those prodigies I keep hearing about. I know of a few like him...:1-wink-grin:

He offers good advice 2SonDad. Ask as many questions of the investigation committee as you can. They will be more than happy to answer, and it also shows them how interested you are in joining and being active in Masonry.

Yeah... Bro. Jay is a smart guy. He's one of those prodigies I keep hearing about. I know of a few like him...:1-wink-grin:

He offers good advice 2SonDad. Ask as many questions of the investigation committee as you can. They will be more than happy to answer, and it also shows them how interested you are in joining and being active in Masonry.

Stop it.... you are embarrassing me....:1-say-yes::1-wink-grin:

Seriously 2SonDad..... do take the time to ask the members of the IC questions.... the IC is a two way street.

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
:
Seriously 2SonDad..... do take the time to ask the members of the IC questions.... the IC is a two way street.
If it is permitted in your jurisdiction, have your wife or significant other attend -- they will need to be on board with your decision. It will make the rest of your Masonic experiences easier.

I agree with the other posts -- ask a lot of questions of the IC.

Most of all be open and honest with the IC.

2SONDAD

Husband, father, son, Mason.
I am taking all of your advice and trying to think of questions that I may not have asked yet. I have attended a few dinners, I've spoken with a handful of members, including the WM and Secretary, both of whom signed my application.

Most of my questions have already been answered. The GL website and sites such as this one have been a wealth of information. I've also read the "dummies" book.

My wife was asked to be there and she will be. So will my 2 young sons. My wife supports my decision. Both of her grandfathers were Masons and her mother belonged to Rainbow & OES. She has no interest though, her interests lie elsewhere.

Her main concern is time commitment, as she wants time for herself as well, which I fully support. I'm not in a hurry and if it takes me a bit longer to complete things, so be it. So far this journey has been purposefully slow- I really wanted to make sure that this was for me, that the lodge was for me and that I felt like I was for the lodge. I waited 2 months from the time my application was endorsed, to actually submitting it.

jaya

I know nothing. I am lucky to have some very knowledgeable brothers take me under their wing. I do spend a lot of time reading and studying masonic topics. I have a bad habit of reading everything I can get my hands on when something catches my interest. I remember most of what I read or hear. I might get some things wrong but do know how to find the correct answers. Google is my friend.

2SONDAD

Husband, father, son, Mason.
I know nothing. I am lucky to have some very knowledgeable brothers take me under their wing. I do spend a lot of time reading and studying masonic topics. I have a bad habit of reading everything I can get my hands on when something catches my interest. I remember most of what I read or hear. I might get some things wrong but do know how to find the correct answers. Google is my friend.
Don't take me wrong; I don't have all the answers. What I don't have are all the questions. I don't know enough to know what it is I don't know.