Jewlery

rbryantr

As far as jewelry goes, there are also all sorts of lapel pins out there to were.
One of the "campaigns" sponsored by the GL of Vermont is the "Proud to be a Mason" one. It is a S&C with a green ribbon below with the words, "Proud to be a Mason" on it.
Here is a link to the GL of VT website that shows the pin, also in shirts, and a description of the program started by our last GM and continued by the current. Proud to Be a Mason Program

Winter

I've been here before
I dream of a day where all "Masonic" jewlery goes away except for the ring, and then only in areas where it may be safe to wear even that. Seriously, some Brothers look like a third world dictator!

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I dream of a day where all "Masonic" jewlery goes away except for the ring, and then only in areas where it may be safe to wear even that. Seriously, some Brothers look like a third world dictator!
I collect lapel pins , but only wear on special pin . But I agree , I have counted 20 or more pins on mens lapels . But I think that would go for anything Masonic . I have seen these jackets/shirts from fratline.com covered in Masonic symbols , and they have to be the gaudiest things I have ever seen .

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Here's a quotation from Uncle Patrick's Big Book of Sartorial Splendor for Masons.

A properly dressed Masonic gentleman may choose to wear a lapel pin and/or a Masonic medal or award that he has received. However, discretion IS the best part of valor. ONE lapel pin sets off a suit of clothing. More than one lapel pin begins to look as if a robot has sneezed upon you. Should a Masonic gentleman choose to wear a medal: only ONE iteration of a medal should be worn, no matter how many times the award has been presented to you (to the author's knowledge, Freemasonry does not issue oak leaf clusters or any other method of acknowledging multiple awards of the same medal). Additionally, a Masonic medal should only be worn within the confines of the Lodge room or at a Masonic event where the medal is appropriate. If you have been so fortunate and so dedicated a Brother to have had many different Masonic awards presented to you, please choose only the most important two or three to display upon your breast at any given time. We are not Swiss Admirals, after all, we are gentlemen.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
But then he wouldn't take me seriously! I mean, really, just think about it: "You remove those troops from our country, or there's going to be war! LOL". Not a good way to express the seriousness of your intent.
LOL, I'll be waiting for you all, LOL, shouldn't take much effort.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
LOL, I'll be waiting for you all, LOL, shouldn't take much effort.
Oh, we'll get you. Yes we will. I sent out the EIEISwat Team after you yesterday. Once they've properly digested their T-Day dinners and have had some coffee and a donut or two, you're gonna be in some REAL trouble, Mister.

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
I collect lapel pins , but only wear on special pin . But I agree , I have counted 20 or more pins on mens lapels . But I think that would go for anything Masonic . I have seen these jackets/shirts from fratline.com covered in Masonic symbols , and they have to be the gaudiest things I have ever seen .
Ashlar, I agree with you. I started collecting lapel pins also, I usually wear my Secretaries apron pin and my Blue Lodge pin on my suit jacket. The one I always wear in addition to these is the pin I got when my son graduated basic training and I will continue to wear it until he is out of the military.

The practice of having both lapels covered in pins is -- in my opinion -- tacky.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Ashlar, I agree with you. I started collecting lapel pins also, I usually wear my Secretaries apron pin and my Blue Lodge pin on my suit jacket. The one I always wear in addition to these is the pin I got when my son graduated basic training and I will continue to wear it until he is out of the military.

The practice of having both lapels covered in pins is -- in my opinion -- tacky.
I currently have one pin, the forget-me-not to wear in remembrance of the Brethren of WWII.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
I currently have one pin, the forget-me-not to wear in remembrance of the Brethren of WWII.
I also usually wear the Forget-Me-Not, in memory of those Freemasons martyred by the Nazis.
I do occasionally wear some other Masonic lapel pin, but more than one at a time does look tacky.

S&F

Laxguy38922

I wear a very small forget-me-not and then 1 pin that has the S&C and 32nd Eagle. I also wear a Shrine tie clip.

The pin with the S&C/Eagle was given to me by my recommender when I got my 32nd. The Shrine tie clip was given to me by a member of another local lodge when he heard I became a Noble.

publius

Master Mason
Sure, a non-Mason could wear Masonic jewelry and I could get a Special Forces Tattoo even though I wasn't. Both would be morally wrong in my opinion.

robmei2

masonic jewelry

I brought my Grandfather's Masonic ring to my raising and was presented it following the degree. Nice to keep the family tradition going.

I worn by the uninitiated, it has no meaning. If not earned, it should not be worn. Would you wear a police badge is you were not entitled to do so?

R. D. Meier PM - Lansdowne Lodge #711
32nd Degree - Valley of Philadelphia, Benjamin Franklin Consistory

Azpir8king

I just talked to a friend I have known for years. he was on my FB page this AM and saw my "masonic Journey" photo album. He wanted my take on Masonry. As we talked, he told me that he had worn his Grandfathers ring to see if anyone he knew would notice. He called it "Fishing for Masons". Before I could admonish him, he went on to say a close friend from his SCA (Knights and damsels club) saw the ring and asked if he was a "traveling man". When he said "no, but I am interested" his friend said "Great, now take off the ring and we'll talk", which he did and hasn't worn it since.

We talked for an hour about the craft and he is resolved to follow through with a local Lodge in Tucson.

I don't approve of the method, but the results are pretty cool.