Lodge Instruction

sebutler1234

What is a lodge of instruction? I am a newly Master Mason and wm mentioned something about one coming up, is this just for certain people in the lodge?

jaya

A lodge of instruction provides a time where ritual is worked on. Basically here we have a district wide LOI where the officers of the lodges, and any MM interested, goes and works on the ritual and floor movement. I attended one about a month after I was raised and it was very interesting. If you can, it would be good to attend. It will teach you a little more about what goes on in the lodge.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
What is a lodge of instruction? I am a newly Master Mason and wm mentioned something about one coming up, is this just for certain people in the lodge?
It depends on the Jurisdiction. In Massachusetts, LOI is a multipurpose meeting. The candidates are brought to separate rooms for instruction in the degree they just received and there is a minimum requirement that each candidate attend one LOI for each degree in order to get their dues card. While all this is going on, instruction for members and officers is offered in the main lodge room. Topics like the responsibilities of sponsors and members of investigative committee members; Masonic Funerals; Introduction to the Ancient Charges and Regis Manuscript are all topics I've seen presented at LOI.

The candidates are now taught from the Claudy books. There is an on-line instructor certification program through Grand Lodge. I've never missed an LOI and find them a great way to get together with friends and brothers from all over the district.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Our LOIs are held on district level and cover ritual/floor work , constitution , etiquette , a class for secretaries and treasurers , leadership etc; etc; .