Looks and Attire

Bike Builder

Here is another question on my list ,
i wear shoulder long hair and the last time i really cut it was when i had to do my Duty in the Swiss Army . Since then however i am wearing it long trimmed clean but long . Never had a problem on business speaches with customers or in any other way .

Its just me i am who i am .

Will this have a impact with the Freemasons or hinder me in Joining once i prepared myself enough ?

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Well, let's see: in my Lodge we have members with long hair, short hair, no hair, piercings, no piercings, just ear piercings, tattoos, no tattoos, etc. Freemasonry regards a man for what's inside him, not what he looks like or how he dresses. YMMV

Winter

I've been here before
Same here. One of my best friends in the Lodge has hair half way down his back! lol

And Masonic ink is becomming much more popular. Here in Milwaukee, there is a tat shop that is staffed by a bunch of Masons that specialize in Masonic tattoos.

It's your character that is more important.

Swiss Army, eh? That's pretty interesting!

masonicdude

At our last Grand Lodge Communications, a Master Maosn with a green mowhawk approched the podium to ask the Grand Master a question. I think long hair will work out just fine. = )

Winter

I've been here before
Very nice stuff, Winter. Thanks for the link. Oh, btw, we're having a Table Lodge on Friday the 29th. $20. Want in?
Let me look what I have going. Fridays get to be a little hectic sometimes! And the next two weeks are very busy, Lodgewise. Not to mention it's midterms. :( lol

I love table Lodges. The first (well, one of the first) thing I did when I was WM was reinstitute the observance of the Feasts of the Holy St.s John with full Table Lodge ceremonies. It was great. Most of the Brothers in my Lodge at the time (late 90's) had heard the term, but had no idea what a Table Lodge was. Needless to say, as fun as they are, they became quite popular.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
I love table Lodges. The first (well, one of the first) thing I did when I was WM was reinstitute the observance of the Feasts of the Holy St.s John with full Table Lodge ceremonies. It was great. Most of the Brothers in my Lodge at the time (late 90's) had heard the term, but had no idea what a Table Lodge was. Needless to say, as fun as they are, they became quite popular.
I can imagine! Now that's an idea I need to bring up to the next Master. Maybe a public table lodge following installation. Hmmm.

Oh ... and because the meal is catered, let me know really, really soon so we can make sure there's food for you, k?

Winter

I've been here before
Don't know how a public table lodge would work. According to tradition, it must be tyled in the EA degree.

And I'll let you know ASAP. How many spots do you have left?

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Don't know how a public table lodge would work. According to tradition, it must be tyled in the EA degree.

And I'll let you know ASAP. How many spots do you have left?
I would imagine we can fill as many as want to come, but, of course, we have to let the caterer know how many will be at the table.

As for a public Table Lodge - there's the Ladies of the Table Lodge out there, so I KNOW it can be done!

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
I would imagine we can fill as many as want to come, but, of course, we have to let the caterer know how many will be at the table.

As for a public Table Lodge - there's the Ladies of the Table Lodge out there, so I KNOW it can be done!
Just spoke with the Master - if you want to attend you need to let us know by Monday the 25th. We might still be able to squeak a reservation or two in on Tuesday, but I wouldn't count on it.

Winter

I've been here before
My Lodge does an annual Ladies at the Table, but we leave out all of the ritualized actions found in a tyled Table Lodge. We just had ours recently at the Cafe Continental.