Masonic Lodge Burns

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
It's used for everything from luncheons to community events now an eastern Kentucky Masonic Lodge is a burned out shell.
The fire started at the Krypton Lodge Tuesday morning.
Fire officials tell us they still aren't sure what caused the fire, but those directly affected say it won't stop them from celebrating their history and continuing their work.
Nearly everything inside the Krypton Masonic and Eastern Star Lodges was lost in a fire that spread from the furnace room.
“They go way, way back those pictures does,” Henry Spencer said.
Back to 1921, pictures of Masters who served since the beginning of Krypton Lodge.

WKYT - WYMT News 57 Mountain News Homepage - All The News, Weather, and Sports from Eastern Kentucky

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I'm not sure ,I'll be visiting a lodge down the street from me tonight and find out if they are taking up collections and get back with you .

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I talked to them the other night and they were going to get in touch with the secretary of Krypton lodge to see what they needed , we will more than likely do the same .

mollyL

It's always a shame when buildings burn down, but a building housing lots of service entities is incredibly sad. I would think that the communities served by that Lodge would want to help with the rebuilding, if not with money, than by labor?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
We just had our educational conference yesterday . I talked with several Grand Lodge officers and they said that Krypton lodge is well taken care of and there was no need to worry .

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
We just had our educational conference yesterday . I talked with several Grand Lodge officers and they said that Krypton lodge is well taken care of and there was no need to worry .
Thats great news. Thanks for the update.