Masonic Quotes

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
What are some of your favorite Masonic Quotes or just even quotes from Masons.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them. — Mark Twain, American writer and Freemason

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
"Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that." — Norman Vincent Peale, American minister and Freemason

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
"Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more." Mark Twain , Writer and Freemason

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
"Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment." Bro. Benjamin Franklin

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Bro. Will Rogers

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress." Mark Twain , Writer and Freemason

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
So far as I am acquainted with the principles and doctrines of Freemasonry , I conceive it to be founded in benevolence and to be exercised for the good of mankind . __ George Washington

SeeOnFarm

Quotes

One of my fav's;

It's better to be silent and THOUGHT the fool, than to speak, and remove all doubt. ;)

Tensolator

I shalll return. Gen. McCarthur

This is the place, drive on. Brigham Young

I had to fight all my life to survive. They were all against me...but I beat the b*stards and left them in the ditch. Ty Cobb

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
I like this quote:

"To learn is to live, to study is to grow, and growth is the measurement of life. The mind must be taught to think, the heart to feel, and the hands to labor. When these have been educated to their highest point, then is the time to offer them to the service of their fellow man, not before."

Manly P Hall
autographed in his book
The Lost Keys of Freemasonry

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
I found this quote once, but alas I cannot recall who to credit it to.

"Not all men are created with equal abilities, intellects and proficiencies, but all men are created with the equal ability to use his intellect to shape his own destiny"