Masons in the Media

Loyalntrue

Why are Masons portrayed in such a poor light in the modern media? When I was a kid growing up Masons were to be revered and were well respected by all.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Those on the outside looking in do not understand us or know what goes on behind closed doors . And many think if it is not open to everyone then there must be something sinister going on . Take our last meeting for example , how evil and out to take over the world are we that we spent most all of the meeting talking about who was going to mow the grass at the lodge and who was going to paint the fire escape and who could find the cheapest heating and air man to fix our outdoor unit ?

Disciple

As what I read on the replies in my introduction, I think the problem is still the same when this brotherhood started until now. People are too nosy to know what the closed-door meetings are all about so they make up stories of what they don't know.

lightning

Closed door meetings invite speculation from those who are on the outside. Just because I lock my doors at night, doesn't mean something sinister is going on, it simply means I want my privacy.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
exactly ! Where's is all this contention from outsiders who are not members of college Fraternities , much of what they do is a secret ? Some of what goes on in Rome with the Catholic church is kept secret and I do not know why a church should have anything to hide but I am still not worried about it . I am not Catholic so it is none of my business . And this is how I see things , if I am not a member of something and it is not open to non-members , then it is none of my business .