Minimum Age and Visitation

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
With more states lowering the age to 18 to join what happens if a Master Mason who is 18 travels to a state who has an age limit of 21. Can they attend meetings?

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Good question,
I would have to say yes, since they were regularly entered, passed, and raised in a blue lodge. At that point, regardless of their age, if they pass the examination of a visitor, they should be allowed to attend. Of course this is just my opinion, not sure if any grand lodges have made that distinction yet.

cemab4y

Do not see a problem

If a man has completed the degree work ,and is a regular made mason in his HOME lodge, then he has visitation privileges worldwide. If a man is visiting a lodge with a different age requirement, then he can visit the lodge regardless.

Nevertheless, all lodges have a responsibility to be on guard, and to practice due diligence with respect to all visitors. Visitors should be tried carefully, and their dues card must be current and up to date.

A

Annolucius

???

I posted to this on my last visit and nothing is here...I wonder what happened...I said something similar to the brother from Afghanistan mentioned. The only thing I'd add is that of fraternal communications, irregularly made masons, and the WM's duty and right to prohibit anybody's entrance at his discretion.