Old Shriner Fez

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I've been trying with no luck to find the poem about the Old faded Shriner Fez. Does anyone know the poem I am talking about, and have it in full?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I have read that somewhere before , but like you I can not remember from where . It seems it was in one of my old SR magazines or my KT magazines (if it is one of the KT mags it will take a while , I have several years of back issues) . I'll go through them later and see if that was the place and if so I will scan it in and e-mail it to you . IF not and it was someplace else , I'll try and think of where it was and get back to you .

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Thanks. Do not put too much into it. I am trying to get a hold of a Brother at the Lodge to see if he has it. I am just surprised I cannot find it online at all.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I think I found it, in all places a joke forum. I cannot remember if there was more to or not. It seems a little short.

My old red Fez has faded a bit, But that hasn't dimmed my love for it; for into that bit of old head gear are woven the friendships of many a year. It knows the touch of a friendly hand, and symbolizes....you'll understand.... All things I found both good and fine in my happy days with the mystic Shrine. My old red Fez has faded a bit; But I'm still mighty proud of it; Proud of all for which it stands, the loyal hearts , the willing hands; Ready always to do their best and meet with courage every test; Proud of the memories that are mine of Noble Friends of the Mystic Shrine. My old red Fez has faded a bit; and some day I'll take leave of it, But not without a friendly smile, for it has been mine for a long long while. So here's to the red Fez and all those who have worn it;May love and loyalty ever adorn it. May the sun of good fellowship eternally shine in the hearts of the men of the mystic Shrine

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Great , I went through all my past issues of my SR mags with no luck and was going to start in my KT mags . That would have been a very large endeavor .