One of the benefits that I love.......

2SONDAD

Husband, father, son, Mason.
Yesterday, I took the family to a local even called Blues, Brews and BBQ. I grabbed a hat for sun protection and it happened to be the square and compass hat.

Lo and behold, to my surprise 2 lodges had booths going to raise funds for our state's Raise a Reader project and our Masons for Mitts project. I knew no one from either lodge (neither was my lodge) but by the time I was done, I knew several brothers who spotted my hat, came out, greeted me warmly and invited me to visit.

My wife, who is from a Masonic family, was amazed that I could talk with these people like they were old friends. I explained that one great benefit is that I could go almost anywhere and I would have friends- friends who would look out for me and help me in time of need.

Oh yeah, they had some great BBQ too!

goomba

Walked into my barber shop the other day wearing a S&C hat. An old gentlemen looked at me and said "are you a Master Mason?" I told him yes and he said so was he. When we left my wife said "i knew when he looked at your hat I had lost you on this trip."

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
How did I miss this post . Several years ago the wife , sister in law and I were out at some out of state festival when we passed a Masonic/OES booth . They walked on for around 15 minutes until my sister in law turned and asked the wife "where did he get off to ?" to which the wife knew exactly where to find me , so they walked back to the Masonic booth . They did not find me at the booth but sitting IN the booth , laughing and joking around . That is where they left me until they were ready to go .