Oregon Freemasonry: The Pursuit of Light

Winter

I've been here before
I am gonna bet Winter is NOT a fan of this....
And.... You'd be wrong. :)

I was just going to remark how well done this video was. Not to mention, at NO POINT in the short video was there any recruitment! No email address, or encouragement. It was merely stating facts, albeit a mite over-dramatized in parts. lol

I have to say, kudos, to the GL of OR.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer

I was just going to remark how well done this video was. Not to mention, at NO POINT in the short video was there any recruitment! No email address, or encouragement. It was merely stating facts, albeit a mite over-dramatized in parts. lol

I agree, well done and that is some Grand Lodge, love the celestial ceiling.

I was leaning towards the woman narrator....not the recruitment angle...:D, I thought it was cool....

Winter

I've been here before
I was leaning towards the woman narrator....not the recruitment angle...:D, I thought it was cool....
LOL I liked her voice and thought it worked well. I also really liked that they put the "mystic" back into Masonry instead of trying to make it seem like just another civic organization. We are a mystic Order. In this day and age, that is going to help us to stand apart from the mundane. It's not 1850 anymore! lol

Winter

I've been here before
I like this one way better than the Mass. (or were they from the GL of PA?) ones with Ben Franklin and such.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
LOL I liked her voice and thought it worked well. I also really liked that they put the "mystic" back into Masonry instead of trying to make it seem like just another civic organization. We are a mystic Order. In this day and age, that is going to help us to stand apart from the mundane. It's not 1850 anymore! lol
Freemasonry, do ritual like its 1850!?
Be part of the most non-secretive fraternity on Earth (despite what some people say)?
The few, the proud, the Masons?

Or it happened the other day at work: (This started out joking about nscret handshakes with a customer). co-worker upon hearing I am a Mason , my grandfather has been bugging me for years to join his Lodge... Me: "You would make a good Mason", him:Really? Me:yup (rattled off his positive characteristics), him: What will my wife think? Me:Mine loves what the Masons have done for me.. [insert several hours] Him: Talked to my wife, $40 to start & g-dad said he'd pay it and be my first line signer. ME: Go for it.
Time will tell....

FF Sparky

I seen this video on TMS, I didnt think it was formatted right for non-masons. As Masons we know what it is, what it means and I think it is a cool commercial for Masons. But how do you think a non-Mason would view it. I thought it was a little outta context, maybe its just the music?

Winter

I've been here before
I seen this video on TMS, I didnt think it was formatted right for non-masons. As Masons we know what it is, what it means and I think it is a cool commercial for Masons. But how do you think a non-Mason would view it. I thought it was a little outta context, maybe its just the music?
Exactly.

We need to put the mystery back into Freemasonry, not make it more accessible!