Preparing for becoming a mason

automutation

I would be down with the brotherhood and the idea of being able to travel across the country and some parts of the world and be with friends of the brotherhood. For my career probably Law School because I have the ability for reasoning and I would be reaching my potential with developing my mind and intellect. But I would like to be doing something with my life where I am making a difference or becoming something more.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Welcome to Freemason Hall .

I take it "being down with the Brotherhood" means it is a good thing and something you would want to do ? If so , I congratulate you then on considering our honorable Fraternity .

automutation

Thank you for the welcome. I would think that becoming part of a brotherhood could only be a good thing. I am going to decide after Christmas to make a commitment. Everything sounds good about developing character and integrity. I was reading some Hermetic philosophy and it was quite refreshing to be studying something with a solid foundation of truth and wisdom.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
It is a wonderful Institution . It has given me the tools to work on my rough ashlar , in other words , become a better person . I still have a lot of work to do though and I do not think that I will be done any time soon .

It has been and still is a spiritual journey for me . Some may confuse "spiritual" as religious , and this is not the case . Everytime I witness or participate in our rituals , I am moved , even after all these years I can hear a lecture from a superb ritualist and still get chills . I learn a little more about myself and about Freemasonry everytime I hear a lecture that I have heard many, many times before . There is so much to learn that I haven't even scratched the surface . It will take a lifetime of study and introspection on my part .

You sound as if you have a wonderful attitude and geniuine interest toward Freemasonry and you are looking for all the right things and seeking Light in Masonry for all the right reasons . It just may be what you are searching .

nuzp

perhaps this isnt the right forum...

perhaps this isnt the right forum, but i am interested in joining the brotherhood. my grandfather was a mason but will not sponsor me. how do i go about joining?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
This is the right forum . Why don't you start your own thread and tell us a little about yourself and where you are from and we can go from there and try and point you in the right direction .

But , in a nutshell . To join all you have to do is tell a Freemason of your interest and ask for a petition .