Red Skelton routine

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
It seems Brother Red did a routine that starts out with him describing a little dog with a red collar. He goes through the story with gestures we would all be familiar with. Anybody got a link to a video of it? I've never seen it and couldn't find it on a youtube search.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
It seems Brother Red did a routine that starts out with him describing a little dog with a red collar. He goes through the story with gestures we would all be familiar with. Anybody got a link to a video of it? I've never seen it and couldn't find it on a youtube search.
That would be Brother Red Skelton...
from _10,000 Famous Freemasons_
Richard B. "Red" Skelton Comedian. b. July 18, 1913 in Vincennes, Ind. Began acting in a medicine show at age of ten and was successively with a tent show, minstrel show, on a show boat, a clown in Hagenbeck & Wallace Circus, and on burlesque circuit. Made Broadway debut in 1937; radio debut on Rudy Vallee program in 1937, and first motion picture appearance in Having a Wonderful Time in 1938. He has since appeared in many movies including Ship Ahoy; I Dood It; DuBarry Was a Lady; Thousands Cheer; Bathing Beauty; The Show Off; Merton of the Movies; The Fuller Brush Man; A Southern Yankee; Neptune's Daughter; Excuse My Dust; The Clown; etc. His first radio program was "Red Skelton's Scrapbook of Satire" in 1942. Since 1951 he has starred on television in The Red Skelton Show. Was raised in Vincennes Lodge No. 1, Vincennes, Ind. in 1939. Member of Al Malaikah Shrine Temple, Los Angeles.

Hope we can find the video. Brother Red was the greatest comedian ever. Period.
S&F

I haven't seen the video that you are asking about. It is possible that it could be on one of the DVD's of his shows that are available. I hope you find it.

My wife is a huge Red Skelton fan. I decided to browse some "Best of" videos. Couldn't find the skit you're talking about, but laughed my *** off trying to. How bout this....Red's doing stand up in Canada and discussing the cold weather......."I'm a 33 Degree Mason, and I lost four Degrees"

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
My wife is a huge Red Skelton fan. I decided to browse some "Best of" videos. Couldn't find the skit you're talking about, but laughed my *** off trying to. How bout this....Red's doing stand up in Canada and discussing the cold weather......."I'm a 33 Degree Mason, and I lost four Degrees"
Brother Red had a way with his words and kindness that has been lost on most of the comedians of today. Whenever I see him, I feel like he is a funny uncle just telling stories to a loving family.