Satan Worship

Whitethunda

So my mother is starting to believe that I've gotten into satan worship because I have found an interest in the life and philosophys of the masons.... How should I explain to her that its not?

jaya

Check out Anti-Masonry: Points of View

That site debunks many false assumptions of what the freemasons are. We are required to believe in a supreme being. It is up to us to determine what that is. However, there have been many preachers form many denominations that have been freemasons. Many of our countries founding fathers were freemasons.

Look at the following lists and se if there is anyone that she might be suprised were freemasons:
Famous Masons A-L
Famous Masons M-Z

FF Sparky

I would recommend, if you can, picking up a book called "Freemasonry for Dummies" it is a very good read, and very informative. There isn't any Satan worshipping in Freemasonry. I don't believe there is any mention of him at all in Freemasonry.

CoachN

Builder Builder
So my mother is starting to believe that I've gotten into satan worship because I have found an interest in the life and philosophys of the masons.... How should I explain to her that its not?
What could have possibly "possessed" her to think such things? :confused:

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
What could have possibly "possessed" her to think such things? :confused:

Hahaha! Good one...

BTW- For those anti's who like to mis quote Albert Pike.... Lucifer in ancient times was the name of the planet Venus. It does not refer to Satan, or any other devil or demon.

Whitethunda

Hahaha! Good one...

BTW- For those anti's who like to mis quote Albert Pike.... Lucifer in ancient times was the name of the planet Venus. It does not refer to Satan, or any other devil or demon.
I Tryed to explain that to her... But once people have their mind set, their is no changing it

jaya

Lucifer is more than just the name of Venus. It means light bearer. It is important to understand the definitions of words when something was written in order to understand that document. Lucifer was used in the bible to indicate Venus. It was also used in the bible to help describe the fall of a babalonian king. Even when matches were invented they were called lucifer sticks because they created light.

Whitethunda

Lucifer is more than just the name of Venus. It means light bearer. It is important to understand the definitions of words when something was written in order to understand that document. Lucifer was used in the bible to indicate Venus. It was also used in the bible to help describe the fall of a babalonian king. Even when matches were invented they were called lucifer sticks because they created light.[/QUOT
I read about that on wikipedia...

FF Sparky

Lucifer is more than just the name of Venus. It means light bearer. It is important to understand the definitions of words when something was written in order to understand that document. Lucifer was used in the bible to indicate Venus. It was also used in the bible to help describe the fall of a babalonian king. Even when matches were invented they were called lucifer sticks because they created light.
The Statue of Liberty was called 'Lucifer', again bearer of light. And people confuse it with the other meaning, Being that Eiffel(A Mason) was the structural engineer for the statue, and the base was built by Masons, people will try to link Satanism with Freemasonry. Watch Brad Meltzer's 'Decoded' It was a good episode and one that help gain my curiuosity for Freemasonry.

The Statue of Liberty was called 'Lucifer', again bearer of light. And people confuse it with the other meaning, Being that Eiffel(A Mason) was the structural engineer for the statue, and the base was built by Masons, people will try to link Satanism with Freemasonry. Watch Brad Meltzer's 'Decoded' It was a good episode and one that help gain my curiuosity for Freemasonry.
That episode was made to imply that the Statue of Liberty IS a satanic symbol.... non of Brads work is to make the masons look good....

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Hahaha! Good one...

For reference I'm using the King James Bible translated in 1611 from the Catholic Vulgate Latin Texts that had been authorized by St. Jerome in the fourth century.

Lucifer shows up in the Old Testament in Isaiah 14:12 "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the Nations!" Now this is the only reference to Lucifer in the whole King James Bible. This is also the Latin name not a Hebrew one.

The original 14th Chapter of Isaiah is not about a fallen angel, but a fallen Babylonian king who had persecuted the Israelites. Satan is never mentioned in the chapter, by name or by inference. If you read the whole chapter you will clearly see they are talking about a man. The Hebrew texts referred to the king by his ceremonial title, Helal, Son of Shahar, which translates to Day Star, son of the Dawn.

Lucifer is the name given by Roman astronomers to the Morning Star or Venus. As Venus was seen in the sky just before the sun. Sadly St. Jerome mistranslated this.

In 1667 John Milton's book Paradise Lost popularized Lucifer as the proper name for Satan. Theologians, writers and poets have compounded this error, causing Lucifer to become just another moniker for Satan.

On a side note, the New English Bible does not use the term Lucifer in Isaiah 14:12. Also the original Latin Vulgate texts use the term Lucifer many times to describe the morning star, or the "bearer of light", including descriptions of Jesus himself.

The original Hebrew ROOT translated into HOWL in the ISA 'Lucifer verse' actually means "HOWL" as in pain...and this word is translated in one other place in the Bible correctly AS "HOWL"...guess where?

Answer: ISA

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Ya, what Brother Jason said...
Well I should add that the following has not been verified, although I'm trying:
The original Hebrew ROOT translated into HOWL in the ISA 'Lucifer verse' actually means "HOWL" as in pain...and this word is translated in one other place in the Bible correctly AS "HOWL"...guess where?

Answer: ISA
The rest is my copy and paste answer to the whole Lucifer/Pike thing. I've answered it so often, on so many forums, I just saved it as a text file, and open it when needed. Try to add to it when needed, but I usually do not get many questions after posting that.

T

The Alchemist

Typically, a lot of christian groups love to call anything outside of christianity evil. Christians oppose knowledge, bettering of self and self-empowerment...which is what Freemasonry teaches. For the record, I don't believe in the "Satan" nonsense. There's no such thing. "Satan" is just an entity created by man because he doesn't want to accept the responsibility of knowing that there's "bad" in his life due to going against the rules of nature. Lucifer, by the way, has nothing to do with this fictitious Satan figure. As was stated above, Lucifer is just another name for Venus.

jaya

Christians oppose knowledge, bettering of self and self-empowerment? You could not be further from the truth my friend. I am a Christian and worship leader in my church. I know many brothers that are Christian pastors. Satan, to me, is a very real being. That said, Satan has no part in freemasonry. He is not mentioned in any ritual I have seen or read. At the same time, Jesus is mentioned in quite a few.