Surprise step-up

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
The Junior Warden couldn't make the meeting last evening. As I was walking into the lodge room a little later than usual but still 30 minutes before we open, The Senior Warden asked me if I knew the Junior Warden's lines for the opening. This being my second meeting as Senior Deacon, I have been working on my own lines and the MC lecture so I told him no. Well, that never stopped us before, so in a few minutes and with his help and my ritual cipher book, I had the lines down. I changed jewels and aprons and went across the room to the Junior Warden's chair.

The Master asked if I was ok with it and would I be ok with the Necrology we were doing? I had never seen a Necrology before, so we reviewed it and I sat down in the big chair.

The opening was perfect except I fumbled a bit trying to twist the light switch when it was a push button :eek: When it came time for the Necrology, I just followed the lead of the Master and that went well, too. It was an unexpected pleasure to fill in that chair and be able to participate in honoring a Brother who passed to the Celestial Lodge Above.

They say you get out of Masonry what you put into it. That's a lie, Masonry gives me so much more than I put into it. I give the lodge a little time and money and it gives me a new way of life, the best friends a man could have and the confidence to stand as an upright Mason.