Table Lodge

Does your lodge participate? How do you enjoy it?

We do a stag table lodge in the fall in open lodge, and another in the spring at a local club, with wives invited. Very enjoyable evenings..:rolleyes:

pdh825

Master Mason
We just held our 5th annual Table Lodge. Since we are a Colonial Lodge, we have conducted ours to resemble how our colonial brothers would have held theirs, including recipes from that time and a great deal of instruction on the history of not only our lodge, but the fraternity as a whole. A great time is had by all and with all the toasting, the WM is usually "feeling no pain".

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
We just held our 5th annual Table Lodge. Since we are a Colonial Lodge, we have conducted ours to resemble how our colonial brothers would have held theirs, including recipes from that time and a great deal of instruction on the history of not only our lodge, but the fraternity as a whole. A great time is had by all and with all the toasting, the WM is usually "feeling no pain".
Can you post how a table lodge is conducted, or an agenda? I have no idea what would occur in a table lodge.

S&F

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Since I have only been involved at my Lodge since last October I am looking forward to Table Lodge. My mentor tells me that our's draws many Brothers from other Lodges.

Brother Bob, there are many hits if you Google Table Lodge :)

Here's a link to our Table Lodge and the "Ceremony of Seven Toasts". This is at the MN Grand Lodge Website and available to the general public. After the sixth toast, but before the seventh, we let the brethren in attendance propose any additional toasts that they deem appropriate. We don't always have dinner with it (our fall event just has an appetizer table).

http://www.mn-masons.org/sites/mn-masons.org/files/5871.pdf

pdh825

Master Mason
Ours is very similar. We gather, Open table lodge, adjourn for a church service, then resume with the instruction. We hold ours in a tavern near the location of our lodges original meeting place. After 235 years, we have moved around a little.:D

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
In PA during a table lodge, the dining hall is tyled, and the Table Lodge is held in an EA degree. During the Table Lodge, there are 3 toasts presented by the WM, SW, and JW. The toasts are to George Washington, PA Grand Lodge, and Masonry around the world. There is generally a speech / lecture by someone on Masonic History of some sort. During the Table Lodge, there is of course the meal, and during breaks between courses, that is when the toasts are performed. After the desert course, the lodge is then knocked down, and the Brethren then head to the lodge room. Typical lodge meeting is then completed. In PA there is no Alcohol permitted, so we use grape juice as our beverage.

Laxguy38922

In PA during a table lodge, the dining hall is tyled, and the Table Lodge is held in an EA degree. During the Table Lodge, there are 3 toasts presented by the WM, SW, and JW. The toasts are to George Washington, PA Grand Lodge, and Masonry around the world. There is generally a speech / lecture by someone on Masonic History of some sort. During the Table Lodge, there is of course the meal, and during breaks between courses, that is when the toasts are performed. After the desert course, the lodge is then knocked down, and the Brethren then head to the lodge room. Typical lodge meeting is then completed. In PA there is no Alcohol permitted, so we use grape juice as our beverage.
I think it is funny that our Grand Lodge doesn't trust us to have alcohol.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I think it is funny that our Grand Lodge doesn't trust us to have alcohol.
At my church's retreat last fall, I was enjoying a few shots of very good tequila with some friends when the church's religious education director stopped by. I offered her some of the tequila. Her response was, "I never drink tequila unless my husband is around. It makes me lose things, like my clothing."

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
At my church's retreat last fall, I was enjoying a few shots of very good tequila with some friends when the church's religious education director stopped by. I offered her some of the tequila. Her response was, "I never drink tequila unless my husband is around. It makes me lose things, like my clothing."
Country song: Tequila makes her clothes fall off

rwapplebaum

I am looking to have a Table Lodge in 2012 for our Lodge which is one of the oldest in NJ. Since it was founded in Colonial times I would like to do it in that manner. Can you give me any information such as what foods you serve, what drinks you serve. Is there anything that sets it apart other than the food.

Thank you,

Craig

Br_Eric_Hill

This sounds like a lot of fun, haven't heard of this before down here in Mississippi. But am going to bring it up at next communication.

pdh825

Master Mason
Ours have been a blast. The WM is always advised to have someone drive him home as he tends to be the most unable to safely operate a vehicle. He is involved with all of the toasts, and we are allowed to use wine. Last year, in his closing remarks, our WM repeated the same story at least 5 times. It was very difficult to keep a straight face after he started to repeat the third time. By the fifth repeat, the MC had to nudge him like a skipping record.