Ten Ways To Spot a Freemason

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Not sure why I'm putting it here, but we have no real anti section. So in my web travels I stumbled upon this. Ten Ways To Spot a Freemason I really wish someone would have informed me about this before. I've gone over a week without wearing blue. Guess I've broken rule #7. I have not worn my ring in a few days either. There goes rule #1.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Not sure why I'm putting it here, but we have no real anti section. So in my web travels I stumbled upon this. Ten Ways To Spot a Freemason I really wish someone would have informed me about this before. I've gone over a week without wearing blue. Guess I've broken rule #7. I have not worn my ring in a few days either. There goes rule #1.
Feeling a little drained?

I would like to add to the list:

11) The masonic emblems (yes I said it plural) on the back of their car/truck/motor cycles

12) Licenses plates...... (Ashlar, I couldnt leave out your favorite topic...lol)

Now back to the wearing of blue.....hmmmm maybe that is why I like being a firefighter...blue pants & blues shirts. My suit is charcoal but I do have one blue dress shirt & tie...... am I giving myself away???

BTW.... is joining the Shrine all ya gotta do to be a 33rd?????

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member

What makes you say that?
It just seemed to me that maybe you were a little worn out. Not wearing your ring and all. I may be off base, but it was the impression I got when I first read your post. Just checking on a Brother, that's all. :1-say-yes:

Sure, but what are the 10 ways to spot a Mason :1-wink-grin:
Bro. Coach, I'll give 5, and hopefully someone will add to the list.

1. Willingness to do the Work required to improve himself.

2. Leading by example, Demonstrating the fruits of the Labor done while at Work.

3. Being Charitable. Cheerfully giving/aiding those in need (not necessarily financially).

4. Active study and research of the lessons of Masonry. This includes participating in Masonic Education in various forms. (essays, papers, talks in Lodge, etc,.)

5. Teaching the lessons of Masonry by mentoring and helping other Brother's Work and do the same. (4&5 work together IMO)

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer

2. Leading by example, Demonstrating the fruits of the Labor done while at Work.

3. Being Charitable. Cheerfully giving/aiding those in need (not necessarily financially).

4. Active study and research of the lessons of Masonry. This includes participating in Masonic Education in various forms. (essays, papers, talks in Lodge, etc,.)

5. Teaching the lessons of Masonry by mentoring and helping other Brother's Work and do the same. (4&5 work together IMO)
6. Becoming a traveling man, visiting other Lodges, attending table lodges.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
It just seemed to me that maybe you were a little worn out. Not wearing your ring and all. I may be off base, but it was the impression I got when I first read your post. Just checking on a Brother, that's all. :1-say-yes:
Thanks for the thought. :1-wink: I actually have not been wearing the ring much lately though. I have been wearing my camo hat though with a S&C on it. But I take my rings off to work outside a lot now and often forget to put them back on.

But if you listen to the wife she says I'm worn out. Told me to get on the kayak and go take a week camping trip. Bills will not get paid that way though.

2SONDAD

Husband, father, son, Mason.
I don't get it

I'm not a Mason, hopefully soon- I turned in my app last week. I don't get the whole conspiracy thing. For an organization that has been bent on taking over the world for thousands of years, one would think it would have been accomplished by now. :confused:

If it's already happened, who can I talk to about fixing a few things? :)

"I'm a member of a secret society- please ignore my lapel pin, tie tack, license plate, window decal and anything else I have that advertises to everyone that I am a member of a secret society."

"Oh yes, the volunteer work is just a cover"

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
I'm not a Mason, hopefully soon- I turned in my app last week. I don't get the whole conspiracy thing. For an organization that has been bent on taking over the world for thousands of years, one would think it would have been accomplished by now. :confused:

If it's already happened, who can I talk to about fixing a few things? :)

"I'm a member of a secret society- please ignore my lapel pin, tie tack, license plate, window decal and anything else I have that advertises to everyone that I am a member of a secret society."

"Oh yes, the volunteer work is just a cover"
Oh great he gets it. :1-pray: Now we have to change it all over again.:1-say-no:

CoachN

Builder Builder
Displays willingness by doing the Work required...
yup, yup, yup, yup!
6. Becoming a traveling man, visiting other Lodges, attending table lodges.
...and contributing Masonically.
7. Threshing is done, and he is willing to thresh with others.
yup!

Great stuff Brothers, thanks!

FF Sparky

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
12) Licenses plates...... (Ashlar, I couldnt leave out your favorite topic...lol)
*GROAN* lol ! You left out Masonic employment agencies !!!!!

How about someone come driving up beside you honking his horn three times and then flashing you the Due guard and sign of an EA ? Just ask my wife when she was driving my truck , lol . This is why I took the emblems off my truck .

Nothing like your wife coming home and giving you the due guard and sign of an EA ( not exactly correct , but close enough for government work) and asking what it is .

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
1. Masonic Rings
2. Masonic Lapel Pins
3. Masonic Tie-pins
4. Masonic handshakes
5. Masonic Hand Signals
6. Masonic passwords
7. Masonic dress code
8. Masonic Stance
9. Masonic Lodges
10. Masonic Terms

Let's see...
1. Duh!
2. Duh!
3. Duh!
4. Heck, half the time I forget to do the grip, even when greeting Brothers at Lodge!
5. I don't 'flash signs' in public like gangs do, and I know no Masons who do. The DG&S's are only done in Lodge or for instruction.
6. Um, see #5.
7. I must be a poorly instructed Mason. I never heard of the Blue Handkerchief. My PHA Brothers here refer to Masonic Dress as black suit, white shirt, black tie, and white gloves. I don't recall them mentioning a handkerchief at all. I would be thrilled if we could get Brothers to come to Lodge with a tie on, at all!
8. Uh, go back to #5, again!
9. This would really work when Susan comes to clean the lodge on Tuesdays!
10. I thought this would work when I heard one of the more rural sergeants use the term "repass" at National Guard assemblies. He musta picked it up from his dad or grand dad.

Golly! The guy who wrote this article knows more about spotting Masons than me!

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
*GROAN* lol ! You left out Masonic employment agencies !!!!!

How about someone come driving up beside you honking his horn three times and then flashing you the Due guard and sign of an EA ? Just ask my wife when she was driving my truck , lol . This is why I took the emblems off my truck .

Nothing like your wife coming home and giving you the due guard and sign of an EA ( not exactly correct , but close enough for government work) and asking what it is .
I have a "blue slipper" on the wife's vehicle. I may change it out as most people say it looks like a bowling pin. But it is my hope that a Brother may be willing to help her if she breaks down. You are talking to a women who drove a good mile or so on a flat tire because she did not know what else to do.

Bluetemplar

HA!

Don't forget the REAL number is not 911 but 912!

How to spot a Freemason? What are they going to go out and proactively search for Masons like they are spotting deer? Laugh! Seems like people are looking for a reason to be paranoid.