testing testing 123

nevburt

Gentleman, twenty eight years ago I told my Grandfather that I wanted to follow in his footsteps - and many of my family members - by becoming a Mason. We talked about me petitioning his lodge when I could make the necessary time commitment. Well, after traveling for work, getting married and having kids etc... I found myself a little over a year ago in a position to approach the lodge in big beautiful Wyoming. In January I will be raised to MM in Franklin Lodge #31, some six thousand miles from where I expected it may happen.
My grandfather passed away sometime ago but has absolutely been by my side thus far on my journey. I hope I make him proud and can serve the fraternity as honorably as he.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
When you hear the words that we have all heard, part of that thrill will be your G-Pa's handshake as one Brother to another.

jaya

When you hear the words that we have all heard, part of that thrill will be your G-Pa's handshake as one Brother to another.

Exactly right. Congrats on your raising. It is great that you are following in his footsteps.

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
Congratulations brother, I know you will enjoy the experience,
and I know you grandfather will experiencing this with you.

nevburt

Thanks all. I'm savoring the time between now and being raised. This has been a hugely emotional experience for me thus far and I know I have only just started. Thanks for your kind thoughts.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Congratulations, NevBurt! Sometimes the road is long and detoured, but your grandfather is waiting at the destination.

Open a thread in 'Initiation' and give us an introduction.

S&F