The Shriners, Modern Day Sadducees Perhaps

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
The first time I remember being introduced to The Shriners, besides seeing them drive little motorized bikes wearing funny hats in the parade, was after taking my little cousin to the circus a few years ago. I walked away still clueless as to anything regarding the organization, but thought they produced a pretty good show. That was my last thought, until recently.
During a sermon in the series my church is currently focusing on, Everything Jesus Said, my pastor made me aware that one of the titled roles of being a Shriner is High Priest. I decided to do a little digging.

Continue reading on Examiner.com The Shriners, Modern Day Sadducees Perhaps - Springfield Christianity | Examiner.com [url]http://www.examiner.com/christianity-in-springfield-mo/the-shriners-modern-day-sadducees-perhaps#ixzz1OydriBzb[/URL]

My thoughts are she's a dumb a**. She's obviously researched enough to know that the Shrine (or Masons in general) are not a religious organization, and therefore have no business responding to a question regarding their religious beliefs.

Oh yeah, I'm in one of those moods this morning!

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
My thoughts are she's a dumb a**. She's obviously researched enough to know that the Shrine (or Masons in general) are not a religious organization, and therefore have no business responding to a question regarding their religious beliefs.

Oh yeah, I'm in one of those moods this morning!
Oh Bro. Mike I'm with you. As soon as I saw this. WE DON'T CLAIM SALVATION or .... who through ignorance....

Is the Imerpail Wizard regarded as a real wizard? I know not the best reference but seriously people.

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
I must remember to buy more stock in Tin Foil...

Is the Imerpial Wizard regarded as a real wizard? I know not the best reference but seriously people.
I dunno. Email the person who wrote the article and suggest she investigates them too.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
When I was in the Navy, we had officers called Chaplains.
That makes it a Religious Organization in her view, apparently.
Why doesn't she criticize the Navy for not promoting the Christian world view.
:D

[not so] S&F

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
When I was in the Navy, we had officers called Chaplains.
That makes it a Religious Organization in her view, apparently.
Why doesn't she criticize the Navy for not promoting the Christian world view.
:D

[not so] S&F
Don't give her any ideas. LOL

G

Gary

I've seen better "digging" and research done by a third grader.

It's pretty lame reporting considering the resources that she has available to her if she bothered to look. It's just easier to put a negative spin on something as simple as no-response from the Shrine.

No response? Ooh they must be hiding something sinister! Boogedy! Boogedy! Boogedy! LOL

Winter

I've been here before
We should all go over to her office with our aprons on and goat leggings! LOL Like Dan Akroyd in Dragnet. :)

You first have to start as a "hang around" and then if they like ya...they might ask ya if ya wanna be a "probie"....once you have cleared that....you can get your full patch and rock for your vest with PAGANS MC on it......

OH........I bet you wasnt meaning the MC group.....my bad.....

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
You first have to start as a "hang around" and then if they like ya...they might ask ya if ya wanna be a "probie"....once you have cleared that....you can get your full patch and rock for your vest with PAGANS MC on it......

OH........I bet you wasnt meaning the MC group.....my bad.....
... again "Doc" Bro. Fireman.. Priceless