The To-Do over Blink 182

johnj1582

see what i did there? you like that?

anyway, so it's only recently come to my attention (probably because a. I'm a newish mason, and b. I don't like pop-punk) that Tom Delonge, the guitarist for Blink 182 and Angels and Airwaves, has been using the S&C's (and a few other masonic devices) in his apparel line and on his instruments.

I have to head to the lodge, but I thought I'd toss this out there... Helpful or harmful, do you think? Is he a mason, or is it just marketing?

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
I googled Tom Delonge masonic and received a bunch of hits. It appears that he might be a Mason.

johnj1582

See, now even though I can't stand the music, I kinda want to go to a show and ask him to produce his dues card.

for some reason this appeals to my slightly warped sense of humor.

anyway, the only reason I brought it up is because someone recognized the S&C's on my necklace and asked if I was a Blink 182 fan. o_0

gnarledrose

I did some looking into this over the weekend because I was a big Blink 182 fan back in the 90s.
There's not a lot of Masonic sites claiming Mr. Delonge, but apparently he's been using Masonic symbols since being in Boxcar Racer. It's awfully hard to do actual looking into it, though, when apparently so many of his fans don't approve of Freemasons.

johnj1582

it also doesn't help that he himself has always been interested in conspiracy theories... It kinda makes you wonder.