Third and hopefully Final Ring Question

thebrianmo

I appreciate how gracious you all have been on my ring questions. Your suggestions have panned out. I have found my size on ebay and also on this site Master Mason Section

Here's my next question. How do I know which ring is best for me? Is it based simply on one's own preference? I have found 3 different rings that I really like and they are 3 different styles. I've noticed of the MMs at Lodge, no one seems to have the exact same ring.

One thing I also observed at Lodge is that one of the Brothers has the square and compasses on his wedding band. Do any of you have rings like that?

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
:)
It is what ever design that suites your tastes .
I agree with Ash, I have found many rings with the S&C on them that I liked, and then there are those that I love. I bought 2 so far, one is not going to work out, not by design, but by fabrication (stainless steel should be your size, do not expect to get it sized), and the one that I uploaded in the other thread, I suspect there is at least one more in my future, not sure what it is yet, the journey is still under way.:)

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
What ever ring you prefer. I bought one of his rings. All Seeing Eye Gld/Blk SPK Grooved MM076 Except he cut out the little wedges on the bottom. It is a great ring for the money. I thought it would be a good work ring, but use it as my everyday ring now and use a cheaper ebay ring for work. Thing is heavy too. Real pleasure to deal with the Brother too.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I bought my current ring on ebay mainly because I realized that my Lodge moves at the speed of glaciers and I'm trying to put together a purchase of Lodge rings from the jemsbyjems site. The main thing I looked for was the "G" in the center of the S&C. I felt the symbol was incomplete without it.

Just the other day, my wonderful wife told me I need to get a better ring as this one is gold plated. Isn't she a wonderful woman ? :D

Winter

I've been here before
On the left is my everyday ring and on the right is my PM ring.

[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]

DavisB

@ Winter, the skull & crossbones ring with the Latin is one of my top 3. I have found that all of the rings I'm interested in are rather affordable. Perhaps I'll just buy all three and switch them around at will.

In addition to the skull & cross bones above, Here are three favorites: Big Man's Antique BLUE MM-013

Blue Lodge Bronze MM-001

Contemporary BLACK MM-068
the first of the three is one of my favorite designs. Unfortunately I have very long, skinny fingers and I feel the size of the ring would look a little ridiculous on me.

Brochop

My Ebay find came in the mail today. It was much better than the fuzzy photos made it look. I figured I would have to have it sized and cleaned but, it fit perfectly and cleaned up nice with a little toothpaste and water on a brush. [must have been meant to be] It looks to be from the 30s-40s. I will post some photos when there's some light to work with tomorrow.

thebrianmo

My Ebay find came in the mail today. It was much better than the fuzzy photos made it look. I figured I would have to have it sized and cleaned but, it fit perfectly and cleaned up nice with a little toothpaste and water on a brush. [must have been meant to be] It looks to be from the 30s-40s. I will post some photos when there's some light to work with tomorrow.
Do you mind sharing who you bought from on ebay? I am looking at a couple different sellers and thought if one was the same you bought from I would buy from them for sure. Thanks.

Brochop

thebrianmo,

The seller I bought from got this through the "estate process" so, it was a one time thing. I reccomend paying with Paypal so you get the buyer protection benefit. Also, check their feedback. That will tell you everything you need to know about the seller.

It took me six months to find but, it was well worth the wait.

It is by no means perfect, considering it is probably from the 30s or 40s, but it's perfect to me.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Took my find to get it sized today, my jeweler looked at it and the ring sizer, tapped it down on the size taper thingie (technical term) and got another 1/2 size out of it. Out the door for free!! (Oh and I sold some old gold rings and received enough to by Nancy a nice Alaxadrite necklace for her birthday.

Brochop

Thanks Custer. I took one look and went for it. Nothing fancy. Just old school style.

Duncan, that's great. my Ebay find actually fit perfectly and yours being only 1/2 size off means it was destiny. Masonry has it's advantages.

Ha!