What is your favorite potluck dish?

crandall

I have a picnic to go to on Sunday and I was just wondering what everyone's favorite dish was for those types of shindigs?

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
We have a family recipe for potato macaroni salad. But if pressed right now I would want my wife to make some perogies. Boy are those things good.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
You will have to remind me when you come down. I will have my wife make them. All home made. Just let me know how you liked them cooked. I prefer fried, but she has baked and sauteed them before.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I like them fried myself . I have never had them sauteed , I may have to give that a try . I haven't had homemade perogies in years . The wife wont eat them though , so we'll have to give her a bag of poatato chips LOL . She's just as excited about coming down as as I am , I just hate it that it wont be till next year ! If I knew my brother was moving down there sooner , I would have made plans for this year , but I can't wait and looking forward to it .

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
When she saute's them, I think she mixes in cabbage and onions. It is pretty good. Not as good as fried though. Oh, and she got me dipping them in sour cream too.

jenlee

My favorite is macaroni salad and I am going camping with all my husbands sisters, husbands, kids, and his parents and they requested the macaroni salad! Have fun as will we!

freeman

wife-saver casserole on Easter Sunday morning potluck breakfast. Its consists of soggy bread, eggs, bacon and cornflakes on top, but it is just so delicious. Makes me think of Easter. Possibly not what you would take to a picnic, but delicious!