What kind of Handgun do You carry for Perosnal Protection?

G

Gary

I currently don't have a carry gun, as I'm looking for something that suits me. The most common I've seen people carry is a .380. I may look at buying a Walther PPK (Think James Bond) for that purpose.

I had a Glock 17 (9mm) but it is a little big for concealment purposes. Glock makes a nice hand gun if you like polymer and ease of disassembly. It's also very reliable too.

My home defense weapon of choice is my Mossberg 500A Tactical shotgun.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Are you willing to take the chance to find out?

Seriously, having served in the military when we carried a real sidearm, my carry piece is a GLOCK 30 (.45ACP), in an innocuous looking 'fanny pack.'

S&F

G

Gary

Seriously, having served in the military when we carried a real sidearm, my carry piece is a GLOCK 30 (.45ACP), in an innocuous looking 'fanny pack.'

S&F
A .45 will stop all that jive! LOL :cool:

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board

S&F
A .45 will stop all that jive! LOL :cool:
Ok I get ti join the bandwagon. I carry a Glock 21 (.45ACP). For anyone who knows the fun team it's kinda bulky. I have an inside the waist band and shoulder holsters for it. The wife carries a Stoeger cougar 8000f. Think a beretta. And it's a 9x19

edwmax

A colt 45 gold cup or my little 380 LLama (1911 style). The 380 is light and easy to carry. You don't need distance, since self-defense will be within 20 ft; the 380 will get the job done.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Wife and I only have a few JHP's. Given to us by a cousin. They areso expesive.
I have a few custom loaded JHP, that a guy at the range gave me after I helped him with some testing he was doing. He took down a deer with 2 of them, the rest are Hydro-shocks, and the like,

At home there is the Glock and then a .38 heavy barrel revolver with snake shot shells, it won't kill 'em but you don't to be real awake to get a hit at 20ft.

Winter

I've been here before
Glock 22 chambered in .40S&W or a Smith & Wesson Airlight .38 with titanium frame. (With the correct load it works)

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
It depends on the situation and my clothing... Glock 22, .40 cal, Glock 27 .40 cal, .38 S&W J frame revolver, Ruger P94DC .40 cal, and on occasion, a KelTec P38 .380, concealed with a belt clip. The way I have it mounted it looks like a pocket knife on my belt (in the pants). I am thinking of moving up to the Ruger LCP with a belt clip. I know some people shy away from KelTec, but I've had it for years without a problem.

An illustration of the belt clip on a .380

A Ruger P94 (not my photo)

Model 442 S&W (not my photo)

Glock 22

Glock 27

G

Gary

I've never owned a KelTec, but every time I've handled one, it seemed bulky, and just plain ugly. I'm not knocking it's performance, as I have no experience with it in that area.

The Glock 23 is nice, but the grip is too short for men with larger hands. Some complain that it doesn't feel right in terms of comfort and handling.

I've shot the Ruger. I've always liked their design. My brother in law has the P95. He loves it.

Oh, and +1 on the S&W Airlight. The shaved hammer really makes for an ideal concealment revolver.

Man you guys! I need to pump up the testosterone and load up on the hardware. I am feeling very insecure right now......

I am saddened that I didnt get one response to my gun...... as many squirrels there are in here....

I currently own no actual gun but am looking....

Winter

I've been here before
.88 Magnum:D....the worlds most dangerous gun:eek:....it will shoot through schools
I missed this post since I just skimmed the previous posts when I caught up with it. lol Great movie. My Brother flamed my posts once. Once. Hahahaha

That should be on the top 100 guy movies!

The Arizona Department of Safety Officer pulled over pick-up truck owner Mike Murray for a weapons check because of an NRA bumper sticker.

When the officer approached the vehicle, the man behind the wheel handed the officer his driver's license, insurance card and concealed carry permit.

The officer took all the documents, looked them over and said, "Mr. Murray, I see you have a CCP. Do youhave any weapons with you?"

The driver replied, "Yes I do. I have a 357 handgun in a hip holster, a .45 in the glove boxand a .22 derringer in my boot."

The officer looked at Mike and asked,"Anything else?"

"Yes. I have a Mossberg 500 12 gauge and an AR-15 in the trunk."

The officer asked if the man was driving to or from a shooting range and the man said he wasn't, so the officer bent over and looked into the driver's face and said "Mr. Murray, you're carrying quite a few guns. May I ask what you are afraid of?"

Mike locked eyes with the officer and calmly answered, "Not a f*ck**g thing!!!"

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Man you guys! I need to pump up the testosterone and load up on the hardware. I am feeling very insecure right now......
Though I do not feel the need to "Load up on the hardware" , do not feel like the Lone Ranger . Though I have a couple of shotguns and some rifles owned by my Grandfathers , I lost all interest in firearms of any sort after I left the Marine Corps . I had my fill of weapons .

G

Gary

Though I do not feel the need to "Load up on the hardware" , do not feel like the Lone Ranger . Though I have a couple of shotguns and some rifles owned by my Grandfathers , I lost all interest in firearms of any sort after I left the Marine Corps . I had my fill of weapons .
That's because you traded a rifle for a sword Sir Knight! I'd be willing to bet that you could still field strip an M16 in a minute. ;)