What kind of Handgun do You carry for Perosnal Protection?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
20 years later and I still can to this day . And I bet I can still break down the breech and firing mechanism for an M198 155mm howitzer too .

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
That's because you traded a rifle for a sword Sir Knight! I'd be willing to bet that you could still field strip an M16 in a minute. ;)
I know it is off track, but I remember reading a story many years ago. It was a handful of guys (5 or 6) with guns broke into someones house. Well the guy just happened to be proficient with a sword and had a nice sharp one handy. Only one person made it off the property without any injuries. Really wish I saved that article.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Some high angle illumination rounds would be cool . Everyone in town would think we were being invaded by UFOs .

DavisB

Though I do not feel the need to "Load up on the hardware" , do not feel like the Lone Ranger . Though I have a couple of shotguns and some rifles owned by my Grandfathers , I lost all interest in firearms of any sort after I left the Marine Corps . I had my fill of weapons .
I have an 1866 Winchester owned by my great(x3 or 4)grandfather. As well as a .22 rifle and a double barrel shotgun. They were all used on his ranch in Texas.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
The Mrs. and I are building a 10/22. She's found out that with a scope and bipod it makes it much easier on here to nail head shots! Which doesn't speak well for if we get into it. I love my glock for the simplicity. I'm more than likely going to secure a small cc gun and some others. My only issue with the glock is the lack of a true safety. I had an AD while talking with a Marine recruiter. For some reason the USMC wouldn't take me.

chodapp

I like the Springfield XD9 Subcompact with the extended clip. Small enough to conceal with the standard clip, but the longer one fits my hand better.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Ruger P94 for me, Nice sidearm, Glock's are too small for my hands. Shot my brother's, and thought I would take my fingers off!!

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I don't own a gun but I love shooting at the range with friends. Of all the pistols I've had the chance to fire, the one that fits me the best is the Beretta 9mm. It seems like it was made for my hand and I can shoot a tight group at 50 feet with it.

The last pistol I would ever carry would be the "Desert Eagle". It's a .50 cal hand cannon supposedly designed to penetrate engine blocks to disable oncoming vehicles. I couldn't even hit the paper at 25 feet but I think the muzzle flash set it on fire.

johnj1582

actually, a bunch of guys were trying to put together a firing range day/grillout in the near future. I don't own a weapon, and I'm not sure if I ever will... but I like to fire one once in a while.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
My Lodge is putting on one, headed by me, on July 23. We're making it open as far as we've discussed and anyone interested let me know. We'll be out in Zanesville, OH for those who care.