Which is Worse

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
I think apathy of ignorance is the worst thing. If you don't know you don't know then no harm no foul. If you know you don't know and you have no drive to learn then I have a issue with this person.

FF Sparky

I'm not sure which is worse, but both can be fixed. Apathy(not caring to learn) may be a little tougher to do so. Where ignorance is just not knowing.

Now if your in the situation to bring light to someone? I think helping an apathetic person would be more self rewarding.

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
The funny answer is: I don't know and I don't care.

Serious though, apathy is as we are all ignorant of something, but apathy is laziness, un-enthusiasm.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Ignorance or Apathy?

And no "I don't know and I don't care"
Ignorance is curable through the desire to learn.

Apathy is the tougher nut, as you have to determine the root cause of the apathetic behavior, correct/cure it, then engage the ignorance once the person again want to learn.

Mark Farrin

Apathy is worse, caused by a pain usually received by the hand or actions of another. This may take several years to overcome and only if the person is willing to work on it in the first place. Ignorance is just the lacking of education one's self in any matter or aspect of life's work and is a easy fix for most of society. If there is a person who is afflicted with both then the apathetic nature must in my opinion be resolved first as it being the worse of the two.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
As most have said, Apathy is worse because it is a choice. I'm reminded of the old joke:

What's the difference between ignorance and stupidity? Ignorance is curable.