White Dinner jacket

G

Gary

Does anyone know of a good source to find a white formal Tuxedo/dinner jacket?

I'm looking for a reliable online source as I've not found an affordable option locally. There are lots that come up on Google, so I thought I'd ask.

I'll need one come January when I assume the duties of Junior Steward.

G

Gary

Baby blue Ruffle shirt/ Baby blue slacks too. What!? this isn't 1977???? :D

Seriously, I do need some help finding a white tux jacket....

Isnt there a Mens Warehouse there?.....

I would like to go on the record and say I think you would look very spiffy with a powder blue tux with a ruffle shirt.....

Zack

GARY,
Check ebay and Kohl's. I bought my last one at Kohls with a 30% off coupon plus signedup for their credit card and got additional 15%.

G

Gary

Isnt there a Mens Warehouse there?.....

There is one quite a distance from me. I may have to trek down there if I can't find something locally or online.

I would like to go on the record and say I think you would look very spiffy with a powder blue tux with a ruffle shirt.....
LOL...Thanks...I think....:p

GARY,
Check ebay and Kohl's. I bought my last one at Kohls with a 30% off coupon plus signedup for their credit card and got additional 15%.
I'll check Kohl's. You don't have any extra coupons do you? I'm not interested in another charge card. What was their pricing like (before discount)?

Zack

I don't remember the exact cost. Probably $50-60.
Take extra 15% and then cut up the credit card.
Don't have a coupon at this time. I get them in the mail. I'll save the next one.

G

Gary

I'll swing by there after work and have a look. I haven't had much luck in finding white jackets this time of year. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Winter

I've been here before
Wow. A white dinner jacket? Really? Who the hell wears those anymore! :) I have not worn one since I was active duty in the early 90's!

There's three to choose from on overstock.com. I've purchased two tuxedos there and have been very happy. (Was married in one of them). White Tuxedo Search Results | Overstock.com

I've also purchased a coat at greattux.com. These are normally used jackets purchased from rental providers. I was fairly happy with this, although I had to have it altered somewhat. This was a black tuxedo, but they do have one or two choices in white.
Mike

G

Gary

Wow. A white dinner jacket? Really? Who the hell wears those anymore! :) I have not worn one since I was active duty in the early 90's!
Apparently my Lodge does. So does the day time Lodge that meets at the same building. I prefer black myself, but it's not my choice.

If you have a Belk's near you , you may check there .
I looked there yesterday. There were only black suits available.

There's three to choose from on overstock.com. I've purchased two tuxedos there and have been very happy. (Was married in one of them). White Tuxedo Search Results | Overstock.com

I've also purchased a coat at greattux.com. These are normally used jackets purchased from rental providers. I was fairly happy with this, although I had to have it altered somewhat. This was a black tuxedo, but they do have one or two choices in white.
Mike
I'll definitely look into overstock.com Thanks for the suggestions Mike!

Winter

I've been here before
I can't put one on without it having some kind of mark or stain on it within 5 minutes! lol

G

Gary

Me either. Trust me. I'm not pleased with having to get a white jacket.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Did you check locally with the places that rent tux's? They often have the option to buy from their suppliers. That's where I bought my first entire tux for lodge for $90. Just a suggestion.

G

Gary

I just stopped by the local tux rental place at the mall. They wanted $150 for a jacket, and they'd have to order it. That seemed a little steep compared to what I've found online, so I'm going to keep looking.

I have a little time to find one, as a Brother loaned me his to use until I can purchase one.

Thanks for the suggestion though!