Work time

Just wondering how long it took you to learn your degree work i.e “proficiency” or “catechism”. I know some places/states/countries have different requirements. I think if I remember correctly, some make you wait a minimum of 28 days and others base it off of where your mentor feels you are at.

On a side note, this topic comes to me after about 2 hrs of studying my EA. I’m thinking its about time for a redBull....................

KenB

My EA took 3 months/meetings, it took the longest both learning it and waiting for the meeting agenda to allow the return. 2nd. and 3rd. degree both took one month each- after the passing and raising- to return. Red Bull??? Never thought of that.... stress was my chemical of choice. :)

KenB

I'm in the general area of, well, let's see... Gallipolis area, probably strait east of Cincy, right on the river. This area is a little hard to nail down for landmarks. Our Lodge is in Cheshire, there are about 5 houses, a gas station, post office and our lodge. We share an old school building with the Village office/police station. VERY rural. It was a larger area but the local power plant has been buying the homes and property surrounding it.

My work didn't take place every month, it went as the meetings or special called meetings were scheduled. The degree work and returns took place over several months, but my last 2 returns were returned the following monthly meeting after the degrees were put on. I found the hardest was the first, although they became a little longer, they became easier than the first. Ironicaly, (I'm beginning to think not so ironicaly), the night I gave my 3rd. degree return, November, I was appointed to the Jr. Steward chair.

It will fall into place, seems really daunting about now but it just clicks at a point. Are you an active fireman for your job near Cincy?

Yes I am "active" once every three days, it is what I do for a living. I know where Gallipolis is, I grew up just down river from there in the the Great State of West Virginia....had a GF from there at one time. Nice area.

KenB

If you were a 'pro' firefighter was what I was getting at, looks like I took a round about way getting there. Sorry. But I do consider every firefighter a professional, being a volunteer for 15 years, then eventually paid ems before retirement. I was born in West Virginia, Great state! :)

Ken...I prefer the term career...like you said, I too was a volunteer and know some "Pro" firemen that dont get paid. And yes WV is a great state....just not a good place to find work...it is a shame.

Anyways........ I am off to study for a while, the family is in bed....so I will study for a little while.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
The EA Proficiency took me 3 weeks to put to memory and 4 weeks to nail down perfectly . It took two weeks for the FC and MM degrees . The EA is the building block , once you have it down the other two degrees will come easy because you are only adding a little more to each proficiency .

I have a great memory for ritual , but I can't tell you what my wife asked to pick up from the store 10 minutes ago .