Work

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I'm an Oracle Database Administrator, Linux and Solaris Sysadmin, and all around Gnerd. Before that, I owned a Cybercafe and played computer games for a living :).

CoachN

Builder Builder
I wear a bunch of hats.
  1. My FT job is Business Coaching and Techical Advisor (with Life Coaching thrown in when needed)
I work PT doing the following:
  1. County level Mediator (small claims court)
  2. County level Mediator Trainer
  3. Book Writer/Researcher/Publisher/Seller
  4. Speaker/Lecturer (on a variety of subjects from self-help to management re-engineering)
  5. Graduate school instructor
  6. Wedding Officiator

Treadstone

I applied for a job with Northwest Fire Tucson for wildland firefighter. Hope to hear from them this week. I really would love this job.

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
I work for a small public school district as a Transportation Supervisor -- I schedule bus routes, activity trips, driver training, mediate driver's & parent's complaints and head(only) bus mechanic.

Was ya shocked that I put DO as an option...... my parents live near an Osteopathic Medical School....until I was an adult, I had never been to an MD .... only a DO

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Osteopathic Physicians

Was ya shocked that I put DO as an option...... my parents live near an Osteopathic Medical School....until I was an adult, I had never been to an MD .... only a DO
My boss, a psychiatrist, is a D.O.
Campbell University, within an hour of me in Buies Creek, NC, will accept students for its first class of osteopathic physicians in 2013.

When I was a surgical tech in Indianapolis in the 70's, we had an osteopathic hospital open on the west side (Westview?), and the head RN of the operating room asked the head nurse of our O.R. to help train her staff by sending over some experienced RNs for a while. When the president of the medical staff of the hospital, a surgeon I frequently worked with, heard about it, he exploded, saying, "You can tell any nurse who goes over to that bone-cracker [sic] hospital, that they can plan to stay there!"

I was shocked a couple of years later, when arriving at Kettering Medical Center (Ohio), I found both MDs and DOs on the staff of the Emergency Department. I thought the animosity was the norm.
I had a clinical rotation at Grandview (osteopathic) Hospital in Dayton and one of the sharpest docs I ever encountered was an internist D.O.

S&F

Laxguy38922

I was surprised you mentioned DO, most people don't know what they are. Until recently being a DO was talked down by MD's which I think is funny because we take the same classes plus the osteo stuff. Some of the best doctors I know are DO's

I prefer a DO over an MD....I have found they are more interested in getting you healed and preventing further problems...... MDs seem to only want to treat the problem

A guy I went to school with is a DO and we also have a good family friend that is one too...Both went to WVSOM......

My book I used for my EMT class was written by a DO also.....