Writer Block

Uuuuuuggggggggg............................. I have a 5-7 page research on Building Construction for the Fire Service due in one week and I have writers block....:mad:

I have my research but just cant seem to get it started correctly....well they way I want it.....

Has this ever happened to anyone.....:confused:

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Uuuuuuggggggggg............................. I have a 5-7 page research on Building Construction for the Fire Service due in one week and I have writers block....:mad:

I have my research but just cant seem to get it started correctly....well they way I want it.....

Absolutely. I've solved the problem by writing the conclusion first. Then the beginning can go easier.

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
Absolutely. I've solved the problem by writing the conclusion first. Then the beginning can go easier.
I've a similar solution. If there is any particular area of the paper that you feel you can write, start there. After you have that section knocked out, the rest of the paper can usually go easier. Good luck Brother!

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer

You shouldn't waste valuable time with 2 hour lunches with other lazy people!

Casey

MM, RAM, 32nd.
Take it from the guy who had to write a 60-page thesis. Write whatever section you can get started on first. Doesn't matter if it's beginning, middle, end, whatever, just write.

Got an idea for page 4? Do it. Know what your conclusion has to be and don't know how to get there? Start before that.

Either way, just write.

Need a hand, the PM box is open.

CoachN

Builder Builder
Take it from the guy who had to write a 60-page thesis. Write whatever section you can get started on first. Doesn't matter if it's beginning, middle, end, whatever, just write.

Got an idea for page 4? Do it. Know what your conclusion has to be and don't know how to get there? Start before that.

Either way, just write.

Need a hand, the PM box is open.
Sound and good advice.

Thanks Brother...... after clearing the mind of other distractions and a little sleep, I believe I have reached order out of chaos.....:confused::eek::confused::D

I sat down tonight and in a matter of an hour, I got two pages done of the intro and general concept of the paper......the meat and potatoes will come more easily since it will be about things I can relate from work experiences and documentation from historical fire....

BTW...FamilyMan....I will have to say "ditto" to what the good Brother Gary said....:p

If I could add smileys and sarcastic jokes to this, it would be a breeze....

G

Gary

We knew you could do it. Your next assignment is to write a Masonic Education paper...:p

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
BTW...FamilyMan....I will have to say "ditto" to what the good Brother Gary said....:p
I have been donut free for almost a year, trying to stay in better shape... and keep from that other shape: round.

One of my local firefighter friends heard about this and made some quips about donuts and cops, finally asking why I wasn't eating donuts. I got all serious, motioned for him to come over and I whispered to him solemly, "I'm preparing to go undercover." I kept from laughing for about 45 seconds as I watched him try and figure out if I was joking or not... :cool:

If I could add smileys and sarcastic jokes to this, it would be a breeze....
I had a professor who was always fond of making a sarcastic comment on everything and belittling his students. A classmate wrote a ten page paper in the form of a monologue with sarcasm dripping off every page. He confronted my classmate about the paper in front of the class, and, for the life of me I can't remember exactly what was said, but it was to the effect of, "Of course my paper is professional, I wrote it exactly the way you've taught." You could have heard a pin drop. You could also see every vein in the professors bald head pop out too. I was thinking he was going to have an MI right there in front of all of us... and the guy who wrote the paper? The only paramedic in the room. :eek:

Gary said:
Your next assignment is to write a Masonic Education paper...
That would be easy... cut and paste from this several threads on this forum, clean it up a little, and before you could say, "Plagiarism" he'd have it done. :D

HEY..... after a short sabbatical, I am back....quick update on my paper....got it done and got a 100%......I am sure everyone has missed me:p:D:D...but went to spend a few days with my family a few states away......

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
HEY..... after a short sabbatical, I am back....quick update on my paper....got it done and got a 100%......I am sure everyone has missed me:p:D:D...but went to spend a few days with my family a few states away......
Family? You mean Yuengling don't you... :D

100%? Awesome!!!

G

Gary

I missed you... LOL

Congrats on your grade!

CoachN

Builder Builder
KUDOS! Congratulations!