YR vs SR

I read something that caught my eye but I dont know how to find out which is which. It had to do with the Sr & YR and it said that one of the bodies was more esoteric and one was more philanthropic. The article did say which one was which and I thought why not ask, everyone is honest on here.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Where was this article you have read ? If by philanthropic you mean as charitable organizations , then I wouldn't know what they are talking about because they both have their charities of choice . And I would not put one's charity over the other as they are both equally important , but their charities of choice are not the central focus of either of these two bodies . Both the York Rite and the Scottish Rites main purpose is to further ones Masonic knowledge first and foremost . The only body that would be more philanthropic rather than esoteric over any other body in Freemasonry would be the Shrine .

That is what I thought and maybe I misread it so I wanted to ask to get a better clarification. If I remembered where I read it, I would post it. I am sure it was something on the internet but I didn't take it as something slamming either body or anti-masonic. I don't always put 100% faith in things I read until I ask questions to find out what I am not sure about.
Thanks for the input