A favorable opinion...

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
When I was very young I remember seeing a story on the news about a Masonic building that had been burnt to the ground. What stuck with me all these years was what a Mason said when the reporter asked him what they would do now. He said, "We're Masons, builders. We will rebuild." There wasn't a trace of anger in his voice even though it was probably arson.

I think that was when I first formed a "favorable opinion of the institution". What formed your's?

goomba

The day my grandfather was buried. It was a Wednesday and at least 25% of the people in the pews had on aprons.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
The day my grandfather was buried. It was a Wednesday and at least 25% of the people in the pews had on aprons.
That's interesting. I've seen and taken part in masonic funerals here, and have never seen an apron worn by a spectator.

To answer Windrider's question, I'd have to say I formed a favorable opinion of the fraternity by observing how it translated in the actions and behavior of an adopted uncle. He was a shining example of the man I want to be.

edwmax

I have and the Mason was ushered into the reserve section for Masons. ... I have also, seen Masons who did not have their regular apron, use a white handkerchief tucked at the waist line as an apron.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
I have and the Mason was ushered into the reserve section for Masons. ... I have also, seen Masons who did not have their regular apron, use a white handkerchief tucked at the waist line as an apron.
You learn something every day... LOL

credo

Growing up in Massachusetts and loving the early history of America has always peaked my interest in freemasonry. Masonic tales & history are always in the background of colonial Massachusetts history. Also, the SR northern jurisdiction supreme council and the Shriners' auditorium are close by. They were always active in the area.