Appropriate attire?

H

Hank

Well,
I'd be more concerned with what God thinks than what man thinks.
Honestly.

Winter

I've been here before
Well,
I'd be more concerned with what God thinks than what man thinks.
Honestly.
By that thinking, G-d doesn't say anything about Freemasonry so Freemasonry isn't important and we can just stop worrying bout it all together.

Winter

I've been here before
Calm down Brothers.
There's nothing heated here. You're reading too much into it the words. But I am interested to hear Hank's explanation of his statements.

Your interest in harmony is commendable but unnecessary.

H

Hank

Fair play Duncan.
Calm down.
I did explain my statements.
Look it's like "the Master shall appear when the student is ready" kind of things.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
There's nothing heated here. You're reading too much into it the words. But I am interested to hear Hank's explanation of his statements.

Your interest in harmony is commendable but unnecessary.
Fair enough.

Nathan Lunsford

SeeksEnlightenment
Seeing as I started this post I should probably also state that I am a firm believer in appropriate attire for the occasion. When in lodge there are times that, due to scheduling conflicts, that a brother has to show up in his work clothes or not at all. I would prefer a brother to be present. "Behold how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity."

I think that lodge should be taken seriously and that it is a time for everyone to meet on the level. If a candidate is serious about Freemasonry, it should be taken into account what the occasion calls for and bring yourself to the level or standard that that particular lodge or situation dictates. I wouldn't go to another lodge in shorts and a t-shirt and expect a warm welcome, it's like showing up to the dinner table with hands covered in manure and expecting someone to pass the salad bowl to you first.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Now , if a brother shows up right after work , I have no problem with what he is wearing as long as it is not a habit . We used to have a brother who brought a change of clothes with him because he was always pushing it to get to lodge on time .

I hate seeing a new Master Mason and the Master posing for pictures after degree work and the Master (and any other officer) is in blue jeans , t-shirt , sneakers and a top hat or fedora !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More so if this picture is posted on the internet for the world to see !

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
I either change into a suit/tie after work (degrees, specials) or dress nicer than I normally would for workm then put on a jacket/tie.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
My colleagues always know when it is lodge night as I have a tuxedo hanging outside my cube. I change in the men's room and usually enjoy the comments of any ladies who happen to be working late. When I arrive at Lodge, all I have to do is button my collar, put on my bow tie, cummerbund and jacket grab my meeting night brief case, and head into the lodge. The few times I've not been at the office on meeting nights, I change at the lodge. It takes only ten minutes or so if you come prepared (suspenders attached, cuff links and studs in the shirt, name plate in the jacket pocket) the night before.