Assistance

NJGOOMBA

A year ago a I was accepted into the Freemasons. I started my training with a brother there who's views I did not agree with and at times made me uncomfortable. He was using disparaging words about other races. I found this very disturbing and unbecoming of what I expected of a freemasons character. It made it difficult to focus on my studies. I then started finding reasons not to go visit him. I know I should have asked to be tuaght by another but, at that time it was too late and I was deploying. I am still interested in finishing my studies, but not at the lodge I was at when I started. I live in Southern Mississippi. Please someone give me some assistance of guidance of what to do. Thank you in advance.

fireman2555

i suggest you ask the master of that lodge to assign you a new mentor. the idea is to keep trying until you find someone who you are comfortable learning from.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Agreed , find a new mentor .

No matter where you are or what organization you may be a member of there will be those few who do not belong or do not live up to the ideals of said organization , even in Freemasonry . Even though we try and weed them out some still squeak by . And some are just those old timers , stuck in a different time . And this from any and all types of Freemasonry no matter what some may think . Don't let one bad apple spoil the entire barrel .