Blood rain and raining fish

intent

There are some very strange things that seem to fall from the sky in India. Has anyone ever heard about the blood rain and the instances where it has rained fish?

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Only when visiting Ripely's Believe it or not museum. I cannot remember a whole lot about it.

Freewilly

Blood/red rain did happen in Kerala, India, but I wonder about the fish rain. I believe it happened in Australia and then in Japan. Or I just missed the latest news about it?

intent

Strange

I can not imagine what I would think if it rained fish. They think a storm might have picked up the fish. The thing is the fish were alive...until they fell. Because they are fresh you can eat them!

StoneH

Yes I watched the video about the fish rain on Youtube. I think the storm theory is the most logical theory for the phenomenon so far. I don't got the last news about the red rain though.

Eoin

I've heard of it but I hadn't know it had been on YouTube. I think the reason was that a storm like a hurricane had been over the ocean or a large body of water and had drawn up a lot of water and what ever was in it at the time and then carried it over land and dropped it. I believe the red rain is like a red tide and has red plankton in it. I don't remember reading if this was the reason or not but I suspect it was.