Book recommendation?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Most of what is covered in books about the York Rite concerns the Capitular degrees . The Cryptic degrees are tougher to come by . I did have some titles but can not for the life of me think of them right now , but if I did I would have Patrick coming after me .

Mum is the word..... you never know when a KT is near....they are sneakier than a ninja....LOL

Seriously, I am very interested in YR...it just isnt real big in my area so I dont see or hear much about it...north of me in Indianapolis, they are really into the YR...

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
It is really not that big , or as big as it should be I must say , in my area either and we have 2 complete York Rite bodies in my district alone . It is over shadowed by the Scottish Rite , as I have been asked by my own lodge members when I ask them to consider the York Rite , "Will I be a 32nd degree ?" when I say no but the Knights Templar are their equivalent , they say no thank you . Absurd , if you ask me .

For me, it isnt about my "level"....My SR Cathedral is in Indianapolis also...but I can go to the one in Cincinnati to see more degrees...There are actually two Valleys closer to me than Indy...one NMJ and one SJ.....We have a RA about 20 miles from me but never really hear anything from them....from what I have read, the YR is very interesting to me...

G

Gary

Hmph!.... Well if you guys aren't willing to tell me what's so compelling, and you won't recommend a book without my gizzard being skewered by your sword... LOL

Sheesh! talk about a secretive bunch! :D

G

Gary

Does a bear poop in the woods? Of course! I don't know if I'll make it to Knight though. They don't let me have sharp objects anymore. I tend to stick people with them. (IV's) :D

Give a fireman a dull sword...we can do damage...LOL...I believe a fireman could break an anvil with a toothbrush ...if given enough time..LOL....

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Give a fireman a dull sword...we can do damage...LOL...I believe a fireman could break an anvil with a toothbrush ...if given enough time..LOL....

Funny I had always heard "if you absolutely must have it broken by morning, give to a Marine! (diving for cover):D