Bro. Samuel

Astrivian

Bro. Samuel
Hello everyone! I am a newly raised Brother from Denver, Colorado. As far as i am aware, i am the first one of my family in two generations to join the Craft. And, oddly enough, i learned about Freemasonry while studying comparative religion, alchemy, gnosticism, and other esoteric groups while at Virgina Tech. I was always fascinated with what i learned, mostly about the ancient symbolism, but i wanted to know what Freemasonry was at a practical, present-day level.

It wasn't until years later i actually met a Freemason (that i was aware of anyhow). He had an odd cane on his wall with the square and compasses, which i recognized as masonic symbols. So, i just thought "Well, it is obviously not a secret since he has this up on his living room wall!" and asked him if he were a Mason. Sure enough, he was eager to tell me all about it. I asked him how to become a member, and well, here i am!

As i mentioned, i studied the symbolism of Masonry for a while, and even grew up a few blocks from the George Washington Masonic Temple in Alexandria, VA, but the Craft turned out to be much more than i thought. I could tell by the initiation that this was a brotherhood i could be proud to be a part of. I am still debating when i was most happy: my initiation, or my raising to a MM.

Presently, i am an active member at Columbine Lodge 147, and was just asked to join the line as a Senior Steward yesterday! I am very excited about this. I am not a member of an affiliate organization yet, but i am interested in joining the Consistory and York Rite, and perhaps the Shrine later on. I do need to make sure i save time for the good old blue lodge though!

rustybones49801

A Rough Ashlar
Welcome to the craft Brother. Are you on the lodgeroom forum as well? If so what is your name there? Congrats on the Senior Steward chair!!!!

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Greetings and salutations. Glad to have you aboard. How are things up in Denver?

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Send some of it down here. I'm still stuck in shorts. I cannot wear my Santa hat when I deliver because its too hot. Actually, today is a bit chilly. But doesn't feel like winter at all.