Dan Brown

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
National Treasure was entertaining . I remember after it's release we had a boon of petitioners of which many were nothing but looky loos' . We DID get a few who turned out to be serious about being Masons , but many were Initiated and never seen again , that was a busy few months for us .

jaya

Dan Brown is not a Mason. His books are nothing but fiction. They have brough interest to the craft from some that had no clue before. I know that some lodges did set up informational booths in theaters and answered questions after the movies. When The Lost Symbol movie comes out, I am curious if they portray freemasonry in a favorable light or not. Movies can be very different than books.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Dan Brown is not a Mason. His books are nothing but fiction. They have brough interest to the craft from some that had no clue before. I know that some lodges did set up informational booths in theaters and answered questions after the movies. When The Lost Symbol movie comes out, I am curious if they portray freemasonry in a favorable light or not. Movies can be very different than books.
This true. Brown is NOT a Mason. It would be in his best interest to bring on some Masonic experts if the film is ever made. He has a very good relationship with the House of the Temple in DC.

Good exciting story, but like you I am concerned about translation in to film.