Squirrels Debby Does Florida

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Thought some of you may enjoy some pictures of what is happening in Florida. Most of the rain near here is gone, some roads still flooded and closed, but I got a truck. ;) The rain did not keep me from firing up the grill, even if I had to drain the pool twice.

Attachments

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Thought some of you may enjoy some pictures of what is happening in Florida. Most of the rain near here is gone, some roads still flooded and closed, but I got a truck. ;) The rain did not keep me from firing up the grill, even if I had to drain the pool twice.
Grilling in the rain, grilling in the rain, just.....

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
Nice little tornado/waterspout you have a pic of, Jason.

I always enjoyed weatherspotting for NWS during storms (wife went with me once, thought I was crazy & told me we should park the pickup in the garage, it is kind of hard to see the storms from the garage), I've been doing it for 26 or 27 years, seen a few tornados.

Some of that moisture would be really welcome here in Nebraska.

Glad you are safe.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I bet you would much rather see "Debbie Does Dallas" than all that "Debby Does Florida" mess , huh ?
Naw, I kinda enjoy the weather. I love a good rain storm. The tornado's I can deal without. But I love the rain and the feeling in the air. Plus the one tree I was worried about, as it was hanging over my fence, was taken down yesterday, so that is one less thing to worry about. Winds were strong last night. Going to have to check for damage soon.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Nice little tornado/waterspout you have a pic of, Jason.

I always enjoyed weatherspotting for NWS during storms (wife went with me once, thought I was crazy & told me we should park the pickup in the garage, it is kind of hard to see the storms from the garage), I've been doing it for 26 or 27 years, seen a few tornados.

Some of that moisture would be really welcome here in Nebraska.

Glad you are safe.
I think that picture came from a Brother I have on facebook. It was interesting sunday to see all the updates from the area. Lots of pictures of what is going on.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Jason, how did Pearl of the West Lodge building fare?
This is what was posted on facebook:
One of the AC's was ripped from it's place, multiple leaks sprang up throughout the building, even in the Lodge Room, water leaked into the wall in the library, water flooded into the dining hall, and there are some trees in the back that have lost some branches

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
We got hit by 100 and some degree heat yesterday and then a storm blew in with winds that snapped electric poles and trees a like dry twigs . Luckily we still have power but , but many do not . My neighbors have a tree laying across their car , my sister-in-law's neighbor has a tree laying across their house . It was an interesting evening yesterday .

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Watching the news and they made the announcement that the electric company stated that many will not have electricity until July 6th . One of the local hospitals is now down to their last generator so all equipment and man-power will go to them first .They are now sending many of their patients to other hospitals . The power company is completely out of transformers and power lines and with neighboring states in the same shape we are , we have to wait until the equipment needed comes in from other states .

My lodge has electricity so we opened it up to those without because the heat is once again creeping up to the triple digits .

It's funny how the power grid is set up . I have electricity but my neighbors across the street do not . I have invited Brethren without power to crash at my house .

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
[snip]
My lodge has electricity so we opened it up to those without because the heat is once again creeping up to the triple digits .

It's funny how the power grid is set up . I have electricity but my neighbors across the street do not . I have invited Brethren without power to crash at my house .
"...These generous principles are to extend further; every human being has a claim on your kind offices..."

S&F

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Was on the news earlier , there is more than 500,000 families without power in my area . Power companies from other states have sent in workers to help get the power back up in my tri-state area . It has been bad , yet we still have no rain that amounts to anything . It rained for about an hour , a downpour , and it was no where near enough . We need a steady rain for a couple of days to make everything green again .