Squirrels Debby Does Florida

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
unfortunately, i'm 2,000 miles away. I have a 3,000 watt generator I bought for my travel trailer. When there were massive power outages in Massachusetts a couple of years ago, it was put into service supporting a nice elderly woman's oxygen generator.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
They are slowly getting power back up . There are waiting lines for generators (that are being shipped in from all over the country) , men have been fist fighting at gas pumps because many gas stations have closed due to power loss and those that were open were running out of gas . My friend travels for his company , but they cancelled all trips into neighboring states because they could not find gas stations open , so they would have the fuel to get back home .

I would hate to see a bigger disaster , everyone in the cities would fall apart . Those out in the country took it all in stride as we were always on the bottom of the power company's list during power outages .

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
They are slowly getting power back up . There are waiting lines for generators (that are being shipped in from all over the country) , men have been fist fighting at gas pumps because many gas stations have closed due to power loss and those that were open were running out of gas . My friend travels for his company , but they cancelled all trips into neighboring states because they could not find gas stations open , so they would have the fuel to get back home .

I would hate to see a bigger disaster , everyone in the cities would fall apart . Those out in the country took it all in stride as we were always on the bottom of the power company's list during power outages .
One definition of a primitive society is that any member may have enough knowledge to recreate all the technology.
There are negatives to living in a complex (i.e., non-primitive) society.

S&F

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
This is one of the reasons I like owning a travel trailer. If the fecal matter hits the rotating turbine, I have an escape pod for my family. We are set up to be self-contained in there with most of the comforts of home. When there have been power outages in the neighborhood, the neighbors with electric stoves have used the trailer and my gas stove to cook the food in their refrigerators before it went bad. So long as we can get water and dispose of waste every few days, we can live quite comfortably in our little house on wheels. It also has the benefit that if we don't like the view, we can move :)