Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Lots of sauce

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don't like BBQ

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
I've never had a chance to try some good dry rub but my grandfather was a mean mutha, watch your mouth, when it came to cooking with the sauces.

johnj1582

@bukeye your grandfather was Shaft?!

It depends for me. Sometimes i'll use a dry rub, others it's sauce. And still other times, I'm a fan of my "flavor injector". gives the meat a shot of herbs and stuff.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Barbecue

Barbecue. (bar-buh-kyuu) Noun, referring to the chopped slow cooked whole hog main dish as divinely prepared in eastern North Carolina, USA. Cooking method usually involves a "hog cooker," purpose built from an oil tank of >100 gal (359 l) capacity, heated with charcoal, or, less often, bottled LP gas. The sole seasoning is a thin sauce composed of vinegar, salt, and pepper, prepared in various proportions and procedures unique to a family, social group, or business. Usually served with freshly deep-fried hush puppies, chunked boiled potatoes, string beans, and cole slaw. The drink of choice is tea. ("sweet" is assumed) The gathering centered around barbecue is referred to as a "pig-pickin'."
The word barbecue is often erroneously used as a verb.

Y'all come on!