Do you wish to be WM?

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Some people do not wish to go through the chairs, and I can understand. Others may just see it as another badge.

I for one, do not wish to until I have the time to dedicate to it. I feel it would be a time consuming job, and would like to be an active WM in getting the Lodge as a whole together.

How do you feel about it? Where you a WM and how much time did you devote to it?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
It is time consuming when done right . I've noticed some just do it to get the title Past Master though .

cemab4y

serving in the chairs

my career requires frequent moves. I have worked from Maine to California. I have also spent 11 years in foreign countries. I am leaving for Iraq in a couple of weeks.

In my home lodge, a mason normally must go through all of the chairs, before serving as WM. This takes 7 years (or more). I will have to wait until retirement, before I can devote the necessary time to serve in the line.

But, yes I would like to serve Freemasonry, by serving in the officer's line. I would turn my lodge around, and make some real changes.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
I have had the wonderful opportunity to serve as WM of my lodge. I did have the unfortunate series of events happen that, the month after I was raised, I was sitting in the Pursuivants chair. Due to the decreased active membership in my lodge I started through the chairs. I developed a strong affinity for the craft and have not regretted it once. I had the opportunity to serve as WM for 2 consecutive years 2003-2004. I would not have had it any other way. It was a wonderful opportunity and I would gladly stand in the East again if ever needed.
I strongly urge anyone interested in the craft to pursue the officer chairs, it is the best way to learn, practice and teach the craft.
I also wish the best of luck to everyone who pursues the venture.

RoughAshlar

I dont know yet if Im going to try for WM, although I have been going through the chairs and enjoy it immensly. I have to agree with BG_ the officer chairs are the best way to learn, practice and teach the craft, the more involved you are the more you get out of the work.