EA soon 2 Be

I was just recently notified that I had been accepted into my local lodge but it would after Christmas before I started my degree work. I am very excited to get started. What I am wondering is if anyone has heard of a fireman ritual team, I have heard of law enforcement ones. I have bought the "Freemasonry for Dummies" and probably will get the"Complete Idiots Guide to Freemasonry". I dont want to ruin the experience so I am not going to read too much, I have heard both of those book are excellent for both the soon to be EA as well as for family members.

BTW I dont want to step outside of the lines and do something I am not supposed to so I will let everyone know what Lodge I am joining after I speak with the WM. I will say that I am going to be a Hoosier.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Congrats ! I have heard of all kinds of different degree teams out there in other Jurisdictions , so I am sure there is a " Firemen" degree team out there somewhere . We have the Past Masters degree team in my area and that's about it , but we do our own work .

Ashlar, thanks for your reply. If I found a Fireman team, I probably wouldn't ask. I wouldnt want to be rude and ask that some Brothers from outside my Lodge come in and do the work. To me,while I do not know what is involved, the degree work is something special that will be the building blocks for a solid foundation for me and my fellow Brothers in my Lodge and to help me along in my journeys. I would like to find some Brother Firemen to attend though along with a few Brothers from other Lodges that have been helpful to me. I have been told that once I become a Mason, I will be able to recoginize another Brother but until then, I guess I will have to continue looking at hands, bumper stickers or hat LOL.
I just want to tell all the Brothers on here that reading your posts, it is adding to my excitement to get my degree work started.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
You are correct in saying that it something special , it will be something you will never forget . Most say they will never forget their Master Mason degree , my MM was impressive but that first step (EA degree) was awe inspiring and I will never forget it and it will always hold very special place in my heart . I envy you and all new "future" EAs ' , there is nothing like that feeling of excitement and expectation leading up to your degree , wanting to learn all you can after your Intiation that your mentor/coach has to apply the brakes and slow you down .

I can't speak for all lodges or jurisdictions , but we like putting on our work . I really wouldn't know what your lodge would think about a new petitioner asking for a special degree team so I can not comment on that , but when you become a Master Mason and become proficient in the degrees , if there is NOT a "Firemen" degree team , if you find enough fellow firemen and Brothers in your district you could start your own in the future . Just a thought .

Please keep us informed and up-to-date on your progress and jump right on in the boards and become a regular .

Ahslar, I will keep you up to date. On a side note, I noticed you are a Chief Engineer and I am going to guess on a tug, I held an oilers cert and was getting ready to set for my asistant but decided to follow my dream of being a fireman.

As to the excitment, I am no young pup ( a 68 model) and besides a few things in my personal life ie birth of my kid and a few other things, I havent been this excited since I got offered a fulltime job with the fire department. While I am very excited to become a MM, I am looking forward to each degree and the lessons that go with them. I had heard of the one day deals and that is fine for some, I am old school and like to go the traditional route. My biggest lesson I am learning now is a bit of patience ( or is this a virtue???), I believe I have a bit of OCD and really want to get the ball rolling. But I do understand, with the Christmas Holidays, it is kinda tough getting things going.
Well, have a GREAT day and I will keep everyone informed.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy your stay with us, and congratulations on your first step in becoming a freemason. As Ashlar has said, the 1st or Entered Apprentice degree is awe inspiring. I have no doubt you will remember it much more readily than the 3rd.

Just a quick up date, I spoke to the WM the other day and he told me my EA will either be Jan 14 or 21, he has to check with the others as to which day will be better. I am excited.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
no doubt you're excited, but enjoy while you can, because they will be over so quickly you won't remember it all.

Just a quick update: My EA is scheduled for 1/21/10 @ 1900 Hrs at the Aurora #51 F&AM Lodge in Aurora IN. If you happen to be a local or like /want/or need a road trip and want to attend, I would appreciate it.

Well Gentlemen, it is less than 7 hrs until I take my 1st Degree....I am a bit nervous and anxious. I know there isnt anything to be nervous about...just more like a nervous energy...they boss at the fire house isnt complaining. Hes getting alot of the little jobs done....
Anyways, I guess the next time I post, I will be one step closer to being a Freemason. I appreciate all the good information and kind words along with the words of encouragement. Thank you to All for that.

Come on 1900 hrs........

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
Fireman99 -- the best thing you can do is to keep the excitement alive that you have today just before your life-altering event. I say life-altering because this afternoon you will have started the journey toward enlightenment. Tomorrow we will be able to call you brother and a part of the best fraternal organization you will ever join. Remember everything you go thru today we all have gone thru and we are very excited for you. Congratulations!!!

Custer, thanks for the good words. I will have to say that I am more than pleased with my EA last night. It was a very exciting time for me and I met some really great guys. I do believe I will have to get some ginko biloba , they say its good for the memory. But seriously, I have no doubt my mentor and the other men of my lodge...which by the way is Aurora #51 F&AM of the Grand Lodge of Indiana F&AM, will get me to where I need to be.

I am now glad I can call you a Brother.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Congratulations. Do not worry about the memorizing. It may look difficult at first, but it is easier then it seems. I thought I would never get some of it down, but it came easy.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Congrats, and welcome to the fraternity. I'm very glad you enjoyed your first step. And as was already stated, don't worry about the memorizing, if you are interested in what your learning, it comes quite easy. Congrats again.

Thanks BG, I am planning my first visit to another Lodge next Friday to watch an EA degree, I am excited. I have been told, it will help build upon what I got from my EA. I am sure there is something that every Brother takes away from witnessing degree work....each time something different just might reinforce another aspect of the craft.

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
Fireman99 -- Congratulations, the more degrees you can witness/help with, the more you will learn. This will also help with the memorization that you will have to do, you can commit to memory easier if you witness it first. We are proud to call you brother. You can look forward to the next step on your journey toward knowledge.

Bro. Custer, it is a honor to be called a Brother. I plan to help or witness as much as I can, I am very much a mechanical learner, simply reading isnt gonna be my best way to learn. I am meeting this morning with one of the Brothers that participated in my EA, he has a reputation of be very good at getting work memorized.....it is coming faster than I expected but still I dont want to just memorize it, I want to learn it.