Finally of Age

JDosage

I was born and raised in Rhode Island, moved here to North Carolina about two and a half years ago. Upon moving here to NC, I've noticed many lodges, symbols, and temples that have caught my eye. These past couple of years I've been researching intensively and have learned quite a bit. I turned 18 in August. Which means I can finally petition my acceptance. I'm glad I stumbled across this website. I've found a lot of useful information here... I can't describe my feelings right now; But I can say they are vivid. I know becoming a mason is destined. It's as if everywhere I turn, every road I go by, sign and symbols are leaping at me. Well anyways here I am.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy your stay. I also admire your enthusiasm, the difficulty is not letting it wane over time. Enjoy it while you can, keep it with you as you go, never regret the time you spend bettering yours and others lives.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I'm very interested in joining. What is my next step?
Ask a Freemason for a petition . If you do not know a Mason ,look for local lodges in your area , give them a call and tell the Secretary of your interest in joining our Fraternity , or go to the Grand Lodge of Maryland's web site , here's a link http://www.mdmasons.org/gl/main1.htm , you can e-mail them directly and they may put you in touch with a Lodge in your area .

Best of luck .

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Greetings and salutations. Let us know how you make out with your petition.

jhimsey

GoldenEye
I was born and raised in Rhode Island, moved here to North Carolina about two and a half years ago. Upon moving here to NC, I've noticed many lodges, symbols, and temples that have caught my eye. These past couple of years I've been researching intensively and have learned quite a bit. I turned 18 in August. Which means I can finally petition my acceptance. I'm glad I stumbled across this website. I've found a lot of useful information here... I can't describe my feelings right now; But I can say they are vivid. I know becoming a mason is destined. It's as if everywhere I turn, every road I go by, sign and symbols are leaping at me. Well anyways here I am.
Wow. First, welcome to the Board. Second, your story sounds remarkably similar to my own. I was born and raised in Burrillville, RI until I was 16 and then my family moved to Murphy, NC. Whereabouts in NC are you located? If it is Western NC, I may be able to help point you to some Brethren in the area.

JDosage

Thank you for the warm welcomes everyone. :)
Jhimsey, haha that is pretty remarkable... not too often do you find others from Lil' Rhody especially seeking similar goals. I was actually Born in Coventry, R.I. Lived there until around age six or so... then I moved to the Warwick, West Warwick area. I also lived in South Kingstown for a bit. I now currently live about 30 minutes North East of Raleigh, NC.

I get my my car Tomorrow. Which means I can go on my own accord, not having to rely on a ride from anybody.